Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5 4670K @ 4Ghz
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Took me a little bit to get this dialed in, but its pretty nice. Heres the basic hardware and guide to make yourself a Hackintosh, on $500 or less.

"Granny Smith" Hackintosh

CPU=i3 550

MoBo= Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2V

Case= Cheapo NewEgg special, came with a 430w PSW

Ram= 2x1GiB sticks of 1333 *Stolen from my "Project iDell" build

GFX= Asus branded nVidia 8500GT

DVD Drive= LiteOn "iHAS324" SATA

HDD= WD 80GiB SATA II

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Basic install is as follows...

Boot off the iBoot disc, swap out to OS X DVD, wait a few seconds, press F5, press enter.

Partition with GUID partition table. Format in OS X Extended (Journaled).
**I also repaired the disc at this stage, out of wanting to get rid of ALL possible problems, even from booting**

Close disc utility, select your drive, go to customize * lower left corner of screen * and UN-check all options.

Install and you should be good for a re-boot.

Swap the iBoot disc back in, and enjoy the vid.

After setting up, and identifying your keyboard, run the Combo Update. DO NOT RE-BOOT. Run Multibeast. select ONLY the following...
EasyBeast Install
System Utilities

Next run BridgeHelper, then Reboot *Eject iBoot CD before you reboot*

Run multibeast after reboot, and enable your nVidia card with running only the following in MultiBeast..
NVEnabler
System Utilities.

Reboot.

Run MultiBeast again.
This time, select the following..
LnX2Macs Realtek Network Driver
System Utilities.

When his installer shows up, select only the "Release" version.

Reboot.

Run MultiBeast.
Select only the following..
Universal audio>VooDoo 0.2.1
System Utilities

Reboot.

Viola! Working GFX, Ethernet, and sound, booting from the hard drive.

Enjoy :)
~~~Grave

You used an installation procedure for a Sandy Bridge system (LGA 1155) which did not have an available DSDT. Since you have a GA-H55M motherboard (LGA 1156), which is a pre Sandy Bridge system, there is a DSDT for your motherboard in the DSDT Database. Thus, you did not need to run BridgeHelper. Matter of fact, with your system, you only needed to run MultiBeast once selecting all your helpers at that time.

For your system, you can use the TonyMacX86 LGA 1156 Installation Guides (see my signature block for the links). The DSDT Database is located in the Resources pull down menu, top, right of this page. Also, read the MultiBeast Configuration thread (link in sig blk) to see if someone posted a MultiBeast configuration screen snapshot similar to your system.

The reason i chose this install method can be seen here ..

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21383

As for BridgeHelper .. it installs the 10.7.3 Kernel, which, i believe, is better suited to run the i3 than the 10.6.0 kernel. It also allows room for changing TO the sandy bridge platform, should my friend choose to do so, while retaining his current HDD.

The DSDT available for this board, does not work. it makes everything save for Audio work, which, as u can see in my linked post, was a major hassle.

Either way, the system is up and running, with everything needed working for a daily use, web surfer / moderate gaming setup.

This was an experiment build between a co-worker and myself. he supplied half the parts (MoBo, CPU, Case) while i supplied the rest. It was a fun, inexpensive build that i learned alot on.

I've got a H55M-S2, I'll try your method.
It has exactly the same sound issues that you reported on the other topic. I've managed to get it working without using the unified audio solution and voodoohda, but no muting.
Using UserDSDT makes my rig run fine, but with flawed sleep (sometimes rebooting instead of wake, sometimes doesn't autosleep).
Will post results later.

Great post - love those low end builds!

Good luck!

poneis said:
I've got a H55M-S2, I'll try your method.
It has exactly the same sound issues that you reported on the other topic. I've managed to get it working without using the unified audio solution and voodoohda, but no muting.
Using UserDSDT makes my rig run fine, but with flawed sleep (sometimes rebooting instead of wake, sometimes doesn't autosleep).
Will post results later.

I have a GA-H55M-S2V and I always had problems with the recommended kexts for audio. I also tried voodoohda, but the sound was crackle-y when the bass gets cranked up. I went on kexts.com and saw that there are several versions of ALC888, and instead of ALC888a.kext, I used ALC888autohp.kext. This fixed audio for me. As for sleep, my system was fixed after replacing my HiS Ati Radeon 5450 with an older PNY 9600GT. One quirk with Wake is that when I move my magic mouse to wake the system, it results in bluetooth not detecting the mouse BUT if I wake the system using the keyboard, everything works just as it should without problems. I could live with this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back