Contribute
Register

Working ASUS X299 (Sage) Big Sur Clover config?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X299
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am going crazy here. Have tried working on getting Big Sur on my hackintosh for the past few weeks with no luck. I would love to do it with Clover, since I know it is possible. But I tried a ton of things, adding quirks etc etc., nothing. The installer just goes nowhere. I also tried a fresh drive install with Opencore and I can't get that working either. It just starts booting and then shuts down the computer entirely!

So if someone has a working config for Clover working on ASUS X299 I would really love to take a look at it and give it a go. I updated the BIOS on my motherboard to BIOS 3302 too. It works fine in Catalina but still not luck with Big Sur.

I am going crazy here. Have tried working on getting Big Sur on my hackintosh for the past few weeks with no luck. I would love to do it with Clover, since I know it is possible. But I tried a ton of things, adding quirks etc etc., nothing. The installer just goes nowhere. I also tried a fresh drive install with Opencore and I can't get that working either. It just starts booting and then shuts down the computer entirely!

So if someone has a working config for Clover working on ASUS X299 I would really love to take a look at it and give it a go. I updated the BIOS on my motherboard to BIOS 3302 too. It works fine in Catalina but still not luck with Big Sur.

Hi.

Thanks, but I spent countless hours reading that thread and others to see if I can find a solution. Obviously I haven't thoroughly read all 2xx pages of it though, so I might have missed something. Anything in particular I could look at? Also both Clover, kexts, quirks etc have changed over the course of this thread, which began 1,5 year ago I believe. So what might have been the solution at one point when Big Sur was still in beta could have changed for the current version of Big Sur + Clover.

Also, just in case it gives any hint, my ACPI folder looks like this,

Don't know if this has to change dramatically to work on Big Sur? I would like to have both a working Big Sur and Catalina drive, so I cloned the Catalina drive to a new drive, to be able to install from there. I guess sharing EFI between Big Sur and Catalina for multi boot isn't possible.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 12.27.24.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 12.27.24.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 42
BTW, is it possible to update, using Apple's software updater, from a working Catalina system to Big Sur? That is what I am trying, so maybe that doesn't work? Should I do a clean install?

BTW, is it possible to update, using Apple's software updater, from a working Catalina system to Big Sur? That is what I am trying, so maybe that doesn't work? Should I do a clean install?
if your bootloader is up to date along with your kexts then you should be ok

Hi.

Thanks, but I spent countless hours reading that thread and others to see if I can find a solution. Obviously I haven't thoroughly read all 2xx pages of it though, so I might have missed something. Anything in particular I could look at? Also both Clover, kexts, quirks etc have changed over the course of this thread, which began 1,5 year ago I believe. So what might have been the solution at one point when Big Sur was still in beta could have changed for the current version of Big Sur + Clover.

Also, just in case it gives any hint, my ACPI folder looks like this,

Don't know if this has to change dramatically to work on Big Sur? I would like to have both a working Big Sur and Catalina drive, so I cloned the Catalina drive to a new drive, to be able to install from there. I guess sharing EFI between Big Sur and Catalina for multi boot isn't possible.
no idea, i don't have the same hardware and i have not read all those posts

Thanks! I will try a little more. But at the same time I found a base EFI for OpenCore that seems to work with a few changes. Will see if it works. Will give me the hassle of migrating everything to the new Big Sur build of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back