Contribute
Register

Working Asus P8Z68-V Pro 10.7.2 Unibeast Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
kalmargyula said:
Hi to all of you,

I have an Asus P8Z68-V MB and I assume it's pretty much the same as the pro version regarding hackintosh purposes but I just simply can't get in to work.
Now I waisted 2 days before posting here reading tons of posts, watching tens of youtube videos and doing tests....

So here is my problem. I have iboot and iboot legacy, and 2 burned versions of lion onto two different discs.
The guides on bios settings I found are kind of useless because my bios is not even similar and I can't find all of the settings + there are a lot of others when entering my own bios, so I tried my best to match with the suggested ones but I'm not sure I've managed or not.

So, when I load iBoot, it works fine, till the point the Lion DVD starts to boot. An apple boot screen appears for about 1-2 sec (depending on the bios settings) and then the PC just reboots.
With iBoot Legacy I run into a kernel panic....

Now the question would be, how should I set up my Asus P8Z68-V motherboard so that the installation would start correctly?
Is there any other possible problem for the reboot taking place ?

ps. I've event tested the Mac OS with a virtual machine installed this time on my dell laptop, and it rebooted exactly at the same point as in the case of my pc, so is there anything with the MB or the DVDs ? because I'm new to macs and I'm out of sollutions....

thanks for any suggestions

If you use the USB lion install method here it works fine. Did you make the lion DVD yourself?

themacattack said:
monkeymanx said:
Just a heads up that my install is working great. I started with the 10.6.3 retail DVD install with iBoot. I actually didn't have to use multi beast because I did not want to use SL and just needed to use the app store and disk utility. For anybody else with a similar board interested in running Lion here is what I did.

1.) Set your BIOS settings appropriately for Mac OS X

2.) Disable all your onboard extras to avoid kernel panics

3.) Leave your onboard LAN and the main Sata controller enabled

Could you please tell me what specific BIOS settings you changed for this board please? I have read some of the recommendation for other boards, but have had some difficulty. Thanks!

HPET = On
HDD Set to AHCI

Other than that I don't think there is much.

I have the same motherboard, except /GEN3, and an Nvidia GTX 570

I followed these steps, except i kept my ram down to 4 gigs just to be safe.

After the final step, i wasn't' able to boot using HDD, i got that drive0:error problem.

When i boot using USB, my graphics card, while functioning, seems stuck in 1024x768. I'm sure that this is going to be the easier of the two problems to overcome, but the not being able to boot via HDD is really irritating. Anyone face this problem?

Slorrin said:
I have the same motherboard, except /GEN3, and an Nvidia GTX 570

I followed these steps, except i kept my ram down to 4 gigs just to be safe.

After the final step, i wasn't' able to boot using HDD, i got that drive0:error problem.

When i boot using USB, my graphics card, while functioning, seems stuck in 1024x768. I'm sure that this is going to be the easier of the two problems to overcome, but the not being able to boot via HDD is really irritating. Anyone face this problem?

I didn't get that boot issue. The boot loader and OSX is on your first HDD correct?

Not sure about the video. I thought most of the modern Nvidia cards were good to go.

They're on my only hard drive, yes. The graphics card didn't work, but somewhere i found an Nvidia 5xx package that was like a 1 click solution. it worked, until is started getting endless kernel panics. So i copied from a backup partition and now i'm going to try multi beast again. We'll see if that works. Then i guess its googling a million things to figure out how to manually edit kexts. I'm not familiar with apple at all, so i have to learn to use the terminal and so on.

Just tried it again, followed this thread to the letter. But in the end, i get that disk0:error or whatever it says, when i try to boot. i can still boot using the thumb drive.

Could it be something to do with the hard drive that i have? it's a brand new Western Digital Green 2 TB (partitioned for OSX to exist as 100 gigs of that)

I have everything off on the bios that i can think of...

I wonder if it has something to do with your partition. I have 3 500GB HDD in my system all formatted to MAC OS Journaled. My first HDD is the boot one.

Did you disable the secondary Sata controller that you are not using, I think it is the Jmicron one. This way just the main Sata is running. Also make sure you boot drive is plugged into your Sata number 0 port (meaning the first port on the board).

Just some things to try because you really never know with this stuff. Some people encounter problems and some don't.

I think the JMicron one is the main one, and the Marvelle is the secondary one. I shut down the marvel one. I only have the 1 hdd, and it's in port 0 of the SATA 6gig ports. There are sats 3gig ports... maybe try those? I'l try switching them around, and try disableing jmicron, see what that gets me.

I also modified my kexts following about 20 nearly identical guides to get my video card working, and that just plum had no effect at all. So i'll be working on this for a whlie i guess...

Slorrin said:
I think the JMicron one is the main one, and the Marvelle is the secondary one. I shut down the marvel one. I only have the 1 hdd, and it's in port 0 of the SATA 6gig ports. There are sats 3gig ports... maybe try those? I'l try switching them around, and try disableing jmicron, see what that gets me.

I also modified my kexts following about 20 nearly identical guides to get my video card working, and that just plum had no effect at all. So i'll be working on this for a whlie i guess...

I thought the Marvell one was the standard one that came on all the intel based boards and the jmicron was the added one.

monkeymanx said:
I thought the Marvell one was the standard one that came on all the intel based boards and the jmicron was the added one.

This changes everything.

I'll try it and get back to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back