Contribute
Register

Working 5-monitor setup, 13MP, GTX 650 Ti + HD3000, Z77 board, 10.8.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
dtrvndrn,

I am planning to build a system for audiovisual performances based on Mavericks and a current ATX or mATX Gigabyte board. Also I am thinking to adopt the Matrox Triplehead2go solution to connect three or more projectors.

Since the system has to be up and running in 2-3 weeks, I am asking you for tips/suggestions in order to avoid at least the major roadblocks...

Thanks

Nighter

Not much to add to what I wrote before, this system is still going great one year later.

I however dropped the internal GPU and opted to install two (fanless) GeForce GT 640 cards instead of the GTX650.
The system is dead silent now, and using two dedicated graphics cards instead of trying to mix the HD3000 in made things cleaner and easier. Performance is better too, and the GT640s are cheap. This left me with 6 digital outputs (3 on each card) and they all work at the same time.

I never tried the Matrox splitter, so I can't comment on that.

Not much to add to what I wrote before, this system is still going great one year later.

I however dropped the internal GPU and opted to install two (fanless) GeForce GT 640 cards instead of the GTX650.
The system is dead silent now, and using two dedicated graphics cards instead of trying to mix the HD3000 in made things cleaner and easier. Performance is better too, and the GT640s are cheap. This left me with 6 digital outputs (3 on each card) and they all work at the same time.

^ Great thanks for the update!

Which model of GT640 did you end up going with?

I'm in the midst of putting together a build for a recording studio, and my guy eventually wants to run a triple monitor setup with 10.8.5.

Since the computer will be in the control room, it would need to be as quiet as possible - hence the need for a fanless GPU..

3 monitors, you'll probably be fine with a single graphics card.

I'm using the Asus GT640 Fanless : http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GT640DCSL2GD3/

I also installed coolers, fans and PSU from BeQuiet. Cheesy name, but I'm really happy with their products so far.
The whole system is about as quiet as a Mac Mini when idling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back