i7-10510U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
HP Envy 13T 13.3" IPS EDGE-to-EDGE TouchScreen 4K UHD (3840x2160) Business Laptop (Intel Quad-Core i7-8550U, 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA MX150, Type-C, Windows 10 (Certified Refurbished)
by HP

This is a very nice laptop by HP, it has an excellent screen and very good specs. Sleek and fast but it has a small track pad, and an onboard optimus graphics, nevertheless it's a nice candidate for a hack.

It should install with the config provided here, important is the switch -disablegfxfirmware. Also DSDT patching works very nicely, the files extract without problems and compile without errors.

It has an onboard graphics that needs to be deactivated, this is easily done by patching one DSDT file (also provided).

I'm currently working on sleep instant wake issues and the HDMI sound. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.1 MB · Views: 191
Last edited:
I made some progress, sleep and wake is working fine now. Also the touchscreen is working, but only after one sleep/wake cycle. Didn't have time to look deeper into it.

Here's the Clover folder with everything you need. The MX150 is deactivated. Battery life is quite fine, temperatures low. I didn't check but I think power management is working OK.

Overall this laptop is really easy to hack and a great MacBook Air/Pro replacement.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• CLOVER-ENVY13T.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 214
Actually quite fine. It's still a great laptop, I swapped out the WIFI/BT module one more time. I'm using Apple original hardware now, it fits nicely and has no issues at all. This is what I've been using:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07888SG21/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

and:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07C4YSGMH/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

It's off the German Amazon but I'm quite sure it's available elsewhere as well.

Two things not working I would like to see fixed:
  • Bang&Olufsen sound is very thin as it's not utilizing all speakers available
  • The touch screen (I simply didn't have the time to look deeper into it). The laptop is working fine this way as well, so no problem at all.

Hey Guys, I just successfully install macOS Catalina on my laptop but I only can boot via Safe-Mode. My HP Envy 13 AH1039TX (Link)have similar specification except for the screen resolution. Do you guys have any general idea what is going on? Thanks.

Edit: Fixed

Last edited:
Actually quite fine. It's still a great laptop, I swapped out the WIFI/BT module one more time. I'm using Apple original hardware now, it fits nicely and has no issues at all. This is what I've been using:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07888SG21/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

and:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07C4YSGMH/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

It's off the German Amazon but I'm quite sure it's available elsewhere as well.

Two things not working I would like to see fixed:
  • Bang&Olufsen sound is very thin as it's not utilizing all speakers available
  • The touch screen (I simply didn't have the time to look deeper into it). The laptop is working fine this way as well, so no problem at all.

Hi, did you install the Mac on the internal or external drive? For me, when I try installing on the internal SSD it restart & doesn't show any other drive to continue my installation. Here I attached my model of my internal SSD. I'm just wondering if you guys have same model as mine. Thanks.

Screenshot 2020-02-11 at 20.12.32.png

Hi, did you install the Mac on the internal or external drive? For me, when I try installing on the internal SSD it restart & doesn't show any other drive to continue my installation. Here I attached my model of my internal SSD. I'm just wondering if you guys have same model as mine. Thanks.

View attachment 449315
PM981 is not supported and will cause issues trying to install on it, best to remove and use compatible one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back