Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys,

So i finally bought a new laptop during black friday and i got the HP DV7-7255DX for about $575 and i'm trying to install mountain lion via unibeast. so far i have yet to get it to boot. with out any flags it panics and i'm left with this info:

IMG_0748.jpg

after tons of google searches the furthest i've got with booting is with the flags "cpus=1 -x -v" but it still panics and gives me this info:

IMG_0750.jpg

Specs:
i5-3210M processor
6GB DDR3 SDRAM
750 GB HDD
Intel HD Graphics 4000

i've also tried graphicsenabler=no but that didn't help either. let me know if there's any other information you may need to help, i'll be working on this for a while hahah.

thanks!

quick update*

i'm now able to get unibeast to load the installer with the following flags: "PCIRootUID=0 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v" unfortunately Disk Utility doesn't recognize my hdd. only thing it sees is unibeast.

well i think i'm giving up on installing OS X on this laptop, for now at least. i've tried using Unibeast with BridgeHelper 4 and 5 to no avail. I've also used another OS X installer program which allowed me to install on an external HD but as soon as i plug that HD back into my laptop, it panics. not sure what else i can do but wait for someone else with more knowledge to figure this out haha.

i think it might have something to do with my BIOS. i'm not allowed to change many features but from what i've read online, my BIOS is already in AHCI mode. my current BIOS version is f14.

Soooo, i've decided to try again with my laptop. i've been reading tons of threads about installing on various HP laptops. Still have yet to find a success story for my exact model. I did make some progress figuring out that the kext that's preventing my internal HDD from showing up in the disk utility is the AppleAHCIPort.kext. I've installed (via kext wizard) a patched version (2.4.1) but it results in a panic. I've taken a screen shot to show you what i get.

View attachment 63750

As for the boot flags, I've used "cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x -f PCIRootUID=0/1 npci=0x2/3000 and arch=i386" in various combinations all leading to failed results. I've even tried to install OSX on my HDD in an external case with no luck. It gets to about 2-5 minutes left in the install process when it suddenly fails. I also thought about buying a new HDD but wasn't sure if that would even help.

So with an unmodified AppleAHCIPort, I can't install OSX due to my internal HDD not being visible. If I use the patched AppleAHCIPort, I get the panic from above. Here's a link to my exact laptop with the specs. If there's any other information about my laptop you need, please let me know and I'll get them to you immediately. Any help in figuring this out is greatly appreciated.
thanks!

No option in bios for legacy or ahci mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back