Contribute
Register

[WORK IN PROGRESS] Acer S3 i5 Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my S3-951 CPU i5-2467M, i update to 10.8.3 and replace AppleHDA.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext, ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext, AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext, FakeSMC.kext, from S-L-E.zip of macnb. Only IOAHCIFamily.kext is 10.8.3 because old 10.8.2 cause "Still waiting for root device".

With only kext battery e sound replaced, lion sometimes stop work and CPU heat up more.

This is my experience...;):thumbup:

For my S3-951 CPU i5-2467M, i update to 10.8.3 and replace AppleHDA.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext, ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext, AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext, FakeSMC.kext, from S-L-E.zip of macnb. Only IOAHCIFamily.kext is 10.8.3 because old 10.8.2 cause "Still waiting for root device".

With only kext battery e sound replaced, lion sometimes stop work and CPU heat up more.

Great! Will do this now.
Just one worry... do you have any artifacts with this AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext ?? My graphic is working great, but I can't remember what kext I used... I remember fixing it with the fakesmc.

Edit:
Replaced this kexts and the dsdt and everything is working now!

Just one question now... anyone solved that annoying "Can't mount the partition" for the SSD on boot?

hello thank you very much, first update my acer, but TrackPack not scroll, and then I edit the SSDT, because my cpu is i3, and reinstall everything again, and now it works really amazing

my acer longer heats up and as you say the battery lasts longer
Greetings macbn

hi Besro,

I also have S3-951 i5. I also installed the PS2Controller and PS2ElantouchpadController (from S-L-E folder ) using KEXT utility. But my touchpad is still the same, no two finger functionality etc.

How did you manage it?

thanks

Hi guys I got a problem. I installed S-L-E from above and my s3 wont start: "still waiting for root device" issue...
I tried booting in verbose mode and it seems the error is usb related...so i removed ioahcifamily.kext but i got always the same problem.
preaviously my s3 with 10.8.3 was runnig fine but with no audio...

any suggestion welcomed thx!

Hi:

Both wifi and bluetooth, work with this card in Mountain Lion 10.8.2 :D.

- Wifi just seems to work OOB, without any extra kext.

- For bluetooth:

+ Download the kexts here: http://www.osx86.net/view/2628-atheros_ar5b195_ar9285_wifi_+_ar3011_bluetooth.html
+ For this card, edit the Info.plist in "IOath3kfrmwr.kext" with:
Code:
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>12290</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>3315</integer>

Enjoy!!!

Opening the S3, seems that the SD Card module can also be replaced, like the internal Wifi. Perhaps we junt need to find a comaptible one, for the last missing thing ;-)

Damn,

I remember, sdcard was the first thing I got to work on my S3 hackintosh, first time I installed Lion.
Every other time I installed Lion or Mountain Lion, it never worked again!
I don't use the sdcard reader, so for me, since I got my Bluetooth working (I believe from your instructions, TY), my S3 hackintosh is Perfect!

This 99% is ok for me :)

Thank you all for your help.

Hi All, (my first post ever)

Actually this was intended to be a PM for macnb, but since I can not send PMs until I have 50 posts, I decided to post here.

I am hoping someone can help me out with a couple of things regarding my Acer S3, and truly appreciate if you could help.

First things first, I have a:
S3-951 with i5-2467M (from BIOS info) (1.6GHz/Turbo 2.3GHz) Sandy Bridge CPU
Aspire S3-951-2464G34iss (sticker underneath computer)
intel HD 3000 Graphics
4GB DDR3/USB 2.0, Bluetooth 4.0, Standard SATA Hard Disk

So, my problem is, after reading both forums (this and the master thread) from beginning to end and at least twice, plus a thousand experiments, reading an absurd amount of other forums and reinstalliing MAC OS 200 times, I've decided to ask for your help.

To cut the story short, among other things, I've tried macnb "method" with hiis SLE + Extra (from this forum). But whenever I use those kexts and extra I always get a KP.
So, through trial and error I've learned that the IOAHCIFamily.kext always triggers KP, the ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext does absolutely nothing, I could not get sound to work, or sleep. Actually I have the same exact problems described by macnb, before he fixed it all to work 99,9% :)

Then I found the NEOMORPHEY's "method" using the Extra and Kexts he uploaded. And for the first time ever I got sound and no KP.
So, with his method I have sound and regular mouse but have no:
Wifi - not to worry I already ordered the AR5B195
Elan Touchpad
Sleep - wakes up immediately

Yesterday, after re-reading macnb posts trying to make the S3 sleep and making the Touchpad work, by an incredible chance at some point I got it to sleep by using macnb SSDT, but the mouse completely stopped working - had to use external usb, and then when I was trying to repair that installing Mouse+touchpad kexts I got a KP. :(

Since yesterday I've tried to replicate making the sleep work, but I always get KP.
Tried every combination I can think of:
just placing macnb SSDT in extra folder
placing macnb SSDT + all the rest in extra folder (replacing the one that is there with macnb)
placing macnb SSDT + all the rest in extra folder but moving my current kexts in extra folder to SLE first
doing the above but also using macnb kexts
I always use the Kext utility to repair permissions after any change and also to install kexts

I'm out of ideas and very frustrated!

Since macnb S3 seems to be exactly like mine this should work without a problem, right???

Ahh, almost forgot, Maybe very important - I'm using ML 10.8.3.
I've created the Unibeast USB in a real mac, with a legit copy of ML 10.8.3 bought from app store, had no probs with creating it, or installing to S3, only post installation probs.

Any help or suggestions would be great!
THANKS in advance for any help.
JS

Ps - tried to edit DSDT and SSDT with DSDT editor - but its just a bunch of numbers and letters to me... have no idea how to edit or what to edit :)

3. I fixed the native power management by generating the SSDT. I Used RevoGirls Script to generate the SSDT.DSL file and compiled it using the DSDT Editor. WARNING: the attached SSDT.aml is for MY CPU in MY S3-951 which is an i5-2467M. Using MY SSDT on your system could seriously cause damage if your CPU is NOT the exact same specification as my CPU.

Hi,
How do you know your CPU reference ?

My laptop is also an Acer S3-951 but full reference below the laptop is : Aspire S3-951-2464G34iss

Do you think I can use your SSDT.aml on mine ?

thx

Hi,

mine is exactly same reference ( S3-951 which is an i5-2467M and has a sticker underneath - Aspire S3-951-2464G34iss
) and I've tried using macnb SSDT.aml cause I can't get it to sleep and too much fan as well.

Trying to use macnb SSDT.aml once it worked, but something messed up my mouse, and when I tried to correct mouse I got a KP.
I've never managed to make it sleep properly again.

I'm not sure what other files have to be replaced in oreder for the SSDT to work properly.
Have you managed to make it work somehow?
Thanks.

Hi guys I got a problem. I installed S-L-E from above and my s3 wont start: "still waiting for root device" issue...
I tried booting in verbose mode and it seems the error is usb related...so i removed ioahcifamily.kext but i got always the same problem.
preaviously my s3 with 10.8.3 was runnig fine but with no audio...

any suggestion welcomed thx!

Hi,

I've had the exact same experience! :) and mine is exactly same reference ( S3-951 which is an i5-2467M and has a sticker underneath - Aspire S3-951-2464G34iss
)
I got my best results with Neomorphey's method, but no touchpad (only mouse) and no sleep (wakes immediately). But at least have sound and no KP or other errors...
I don't know if it is because I'm on ML 10.8.3? but my trials with ML 10.8 also resulted in KP so...
Really would like to make Sleep and Touchpad work.
Any suggestions?
Have you managed to solve your issues by now? what method your're using?

Thanks.

Hi macnb,

Could you please See my posts #68, #69 and #70 (I'm kind of desperate to make this work) :)

Anyone else's input is more than welcome!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back