Contribute
Register

[WORK IN PROGRESS] Acer S3 i5 Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Update on my S3-951 [Work-Complete...almost]

UPDATE: 25th Jan 2013: Fixed HDMI Audio Out (now built-in Mic works)
UPDATE: 30th Jan 2013:
- Changed AppleHDA.kext to improve Mic feedback issue with Facetime
- Applied the Supplemental Update to 10.8.2 via App store - no issues, no changes required.

Now working almost 99.95% perfect.
Perfection is relative - to your expectations and I m pretty picky about how things work a

Enjoy your new S3 Mountain Lion.

If you installed, OS X 10.8.0, then download & apply the 10.8.2 Combo update. If it forces a restart, then boot off the Unibeast USB Installer and boot your OS X and then follow steps 10 above

Share your experience here.

Thanks man, my S3 i5 with 10.8.2 run very very well !! (only after some hours, randomly, small artefact on video)
Any news for some kext for elan multitouch gesture ..?
Tnx in adv.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::headbang:

Thanks man, my S3 i5 with 10.8.2 run very very well !! (only after some hours, randomly, small artefact on video)
Any news for some kext for elan multitouch gesture ..?
Tnx in adv.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::headbang:
You are welcome !

Now that you have mentioned it, I too have seen the screen artifacts a couple of times - something to to do with the Frame Buffer kext I fear.
Nothing major but now that you have seen it too then there's something to be investigated.

Re the ELAN multitouch, the kext in my package has Version 4 driver - that's beta.
There's a version 3 release that I have not tried - see here and try it and report back pls.
I will not be able to try for a while as I am away from the S3 :cry:

i had test "v3 final elan touchpad" without success :thumbdown:
..come back to v4 beta.

wait news for randomly artefact. :beachball:

I am afraid there's no easy solution to screen artifacts.
This is a known problem with HD3000 graphics.
Many people have spent hours trying to figure out the cause but have been unsuccessful.
Until we can find the cause, it is very hard to fix.

I have only seen them a few times and they have not been too bad that I need to restart and eventually disappear.

3. I fixed the native power management by generating the SSDT. I Used RevoGirls Script to generate the SSDT.DSL file and compiled it using the DSDT Editor. WARNING: the attached SSDT.aml is for MY CPU in MY S3-951 which is an i5-2467M. Using MY SSDT on your system could seriously cause damage if your CPU is NOT the exact same specification as my CPU.

Hi,
How do you know your CPU reference ?

My laptop is also an Acer S3-951 but full reference below the laptop is : Aspire S3-951-2464G34iss

Do you think I can use your SSDT.aml on mine ?

thx

Hi all!
I updateed to 10.8.3 but now my audio stopped working.
I tried installing previous kext but is not working. Anyone found a solution please?

Thx!

I have no artifacts after installing the right fakeSMC.
My trackpad is now fully functional.
My Hackintosh was perfect until I updated to 10.8.3 ... now sound and battery don't work (Is what i found by now).

I'm on 10.8.3 with my s3-391, after installing the 10.8.3 update, just install the ACL269 and battery packages again.

I seem to have everything working now except the in built wifi/bluetooth and USB3 is limited to USB2.

I'm on 10.8.3 with my s3-391, after installing the 10.8.3 update, just install the ACL269 and battery packages again.

I seem to have everything working now except the in built wifi/bluetooth and USB3 is limited to USB2.

Great, thank you.
I have both usb working.
Do they work for you but at USB2 speeds? Or the USB3 port is not working at all?

I'm using a customised bios so i disabled XHCI (USB3 support) so it is working as USB2 just fine.

If i enable XHCI, the USB3 ports are listed in system profile but if i plug anything in, the laptop freezes/hangs and i have to power down.

After installing 10.8.3 you also have to re-apply the TRIM patch if you are using SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back