Contribute
Register

[WORK IN PROGRESS] Acer S3 i5 Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That DSDT is also already patched.

Sorry RehabMan, been on a trip and doing stuff between running out the hotel door. I booted with DSDT=null, but I think i had an old DSDT on the 20GB scratch drive I use. I noticed before that when the computer boots it seems to pick up a DSDT where it can if it doesn't find one in Extra. I'll clean house and try that again

Sorry RehabMan, been on a trip and doing stuff between running out the hotel door. I booted with DSDT=null, but I think i had an old DSDT on the 20GB scratch drive I use. I noticed before that when the computer boots it seems to pick up a DSDT where it can if it doesn't find one in Extra. I'll clean house and try that again

Yeah, try again. With DSDT=null it should not pick on up unless you have one called 'null'.

OK this should definitely be a virgin DSDT.

Attachments

• Virgin System DSDT.zip
    42.7 KB · Views: 138
Suggestions:
- add DropSSDT=Yes to org.chameleon.Boot.plist
- remove or set to No, GenerateCStates and GeneratePStates in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist
- add DSDT patch "AC Adapter Fix"
- add DSDT patch "Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
- add DSDT patch "6-series USB"
- add DSDT patch "_WAK Arg0 v2"
- add DSDT patch "OS Check Fix"
- add DSDT patch "SMBUS Fix"
- add DSDT patch "Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"

What are you doing to get battery status? Are you using an AppleACPIPlatform rollback (looks like it)? Looks like your DSDT needs patches for battery is why I ask. Try vanilla AppleACPIPlatform for now and live without battery status. I'll work on a patch if you can get me your native DSDT (I want to be sure this is really the DSDT for this machine).

My recommendation (after now getting the native DSDT and comparing with what you have...) is the same as above. Never mind about the battery stuff (it is only the WMI methods that read battery status from EC).

My recommendation (after now getting the native DSDT and comparing with what you have...) is the same as above. Never mind about the battery stuff (it is only the WMI methods that read battery status from EC).

OK thanks. Off to play with it now :)
\
EDIT

erm.. what's the difference between the USB 6 series and 6 series ID? which do I use?

Also can't find most of these

add DSDT patch "AC Adapter Fix"
- add DSDT patch "Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
- add DSDT patch "6-series USB"
- add DSDT patch "_WAK Arg0 v2"
- add DSDT patch "OS Check Fix"
- add DSDT patch "SMBUS Fix"
- add DSDT patch "Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"

in your repo

https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Moved post to Mavericks thread

Moved post to Mavericks thread

Hi all,

I have been reading a lot on this site and it has a wealth of information. I see lots of information related to s3 hackbook airs with V1 bios but not much related to v2 . Apologises if im being a moron and just not understood what is being said!

My system is an Acer S3 i5 3117u with v 2.03 bios. Came with 500gb + 20gb SSD amd was preinstalled with win8. I swapped this for windows 7 ultimate. I plan to put my 6/12 old 128 SSD from my dying macbook in Unless any of you guys feel the original hard drive will work better?

I havent checked the wifi board yet to see if it is soldered. If it is soldered can anyone confirm that the new part to fit is one of these http://r.ebay.com/KGyDPH and a new wifi card to it?

As i understand,
1. Download unibeast
2. Download mountain Lion from app store
3. Install via usb in legacy mode
4. Add kexts for sound, battery etc

The install will be done by my friend who is a linux admin with previous mac experience. I just want to minimise downtime of being laptop-less and have a smooth install.

I would be really in debt to you all if you can help with any information

Many thanks and keep up the hard work!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back