Contribute
Register

[WORK IN PROGRESS] Acer S3 i5 Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello thank you very much, first update my acer, but TrackPack not scroll, and then I edit the SSDT, because my cpu is i3, and reinstall everything again, and now it works really amazing

my acer longer heats up and as you say the battery lasts longer
Greetings macbn

Hi Guys,
I got a strange problem on my s3.
after installing hwmonitor app, after reboot I got mìno more wifi: wifi turns on but didnt see any network and cant connect my own.

...I decied to wipe all so i installed again 10.8.2 and network kext, but no chance, wifi still not working.

my crd is atheros ar5b95 previously perferctly working...

any suggestion welcomed thx!!!

Cheers!

dave

Hi Guys,
I got a strange problem on my s3.
after installing hwmonitor app, after reboot I got mìno more wifi: wifi turns on but didnt see any network and cant connect my own.

...I decied to wipe all so i installed again 10.8.2 and network kext, but no chance, wifi still not working.

my crd is atheros ar5b95 previously perferctly working...

any suggestion welcomed thx!!!

Cheers!

dave
Hi Dave,
Just got your PM.
I must admit a while back I had a similar issue - when I was testing the Fn keys.
I think the Fn+F3 key kind-of works !
In my case I think when I pressed it, it "eventually" turned it off - few seconds later but had not noticed it until later when I net. I think I pressed the fn+F3 again but nothing happened so I reboot and all was OK. I had forgotten all about that till now.

It could be that the wifi card is actually turned off.

Try the fn+F3 key and wait and see what happens to the next. If it does not turn on, reboot and check wifi again.

Hi Dave,
Just got your PM.
I must admit a while back I had a similar issue - when I was testing the Fn keys.
I think the Fn+F3 key kind-of works !
In my case I think when I pressed it, it "eventually" turned it off - few seconds later but had not noticed it until later when I net. I think I pressed the fn+F3 again but nothing happened so I reboot and all was OK. I had forgotten all about that till now.

It could be that the wifi card is actually turned off.

Try the fn+F3 key and wait and see what happens to the next. If it does not turn on, reboot and check wifi again.

oh my...
yes!!! wifi turned on now...I'm proudly :) writing from my S3

Thanks mate!!!

oh my...
yes!!! wifi turned on now...I'm proudly :) writing from my S3

Thanks mate!!!
You're welcome.
Great to hear you are back online :clap:

So, I now need to add the fact fn+F3 turns on/off the WiFi - as it should :D

hello thank you very much, first update my acer, but TrackPack not scroll, and then I edit the SSDT, because my cpu is i3, and reinstall everything again, and now it works really amazing

my acer longer heats up and as you say the battery lasts longer
Greetings macbn
You are welcome.
Enjoy,

Hello!
SD card reader still do not working ?

Hi macnb,

I've tried your soliton for S3 951 and it is working perfectly for me, too! Thx!
Do you know if there is a solution out there to fix Apple ID / iCloud login issues?

Steve

Hi macnb,

I've tried your soliton for S3 951 and it is working perfectly for me, too! Thx!
Do you know if there is a solution out there to fix Apple ID / iCloud login issues?

Steve

you have to regiter your icloud from an apple mobile device, like an iPad. Doing so Im able to use it ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back