Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello All!
I would like to introduce you to my new Hackintosh Mod Project! I will be building a wooden case to house my mid-performance hackintosh.

I am going to be purchasing a cheap case on craigslist that comes with a 400w Power supply and two fans. I am going rip those components out, along with the motherboard tray and rear panel. This will help make it easier to align my PCI accessories and Motherboard I/O.

So far, here are my parts list. I am not sure which CPU I will be using, but what I do know is that it will be a Socket 1155 Intel i3. I am not going to the buy the processor until I have the wooden case done. I am going to look around for a used one on craiglist while I finish the case because the processor will not affect the build of the case at all. Please stay tuned as this will be a build log!

So far, here is my parts list.

Parts:
Motherboard: GA-B75M-DH3

RAM: 4GB HyperX Blue 1600MHz DDR3
SSD: Kingston Digital 120GB SSDNow V300 SATA 3

Front Panel I/O: Black Aluminum ZE-C288 5.25 Bay All-in-one Card Reader, USB 3.0 Ports, and Audio Ports

Power Switch: ATX Style Push Button- I will be attaching a wood dowel to end of this so that the power button is "wood".

I will also be purchasing an Anti-Vibration Kit to stop the resonance from traveling through the wood. Click Here to view it on Amazon

Robert welcome to Case Mods. I enjoy reading about scratch builds and a wooden case project is near to my heart. i did one years ago that I wished I had documented. Anyway good luck.

neil

I decided to go with a different motherboard. I ordered a GA-B85M-HD3. This is socket 1150 and I will also be ordering an Intel i3 4330 CPU. All Parts are in.
Below is a picture of the case that I will be tearing apart for the innards of the wooden case. Thanks for following along!

unnamed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back