i7 8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After update to 10.13.2 my hack won't wake from sleep and reboots. I can confirm this on 2 hacks that I have, with Radeon RX 480/580. When I use an old Radeon 7950, sleep and wake on OS X 10.13.2 works without problem.
Anyone with the same problem after updating to 10.13.2 ?

After update to 10.13.2 my hack won't wake from sleep and reboots. I can confirm this on 2 hacks that I have, with Radeon RX 480/580. When I use an old Radeon 7950, sleep and wake on OS X 10.13.2 works without problem.
Anyone with the same problem after updating to 10.13.2 ?

Yes I'm having same problem with RX 580. I've created a new thread, but it is waiting for moderation. Don't know what I've done wrong, but I can't edit it as it's locked, and I placed a few thumbnails in the wrong place. Doh!

Have you tried the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext? I can't get it to work, hence my rather long post waiting moderation outlining what I tried to get this kext to work.

Yes I'm having same problem with RX 580. I've created a new thread, but it is waiting for moderation. Don't know what I've done wrong, but I can't edit it as it's locked, and I placed a few thumbnails in the wrong place. Doh!

Have you tried the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext? I can't get it to work, hence my rather long post waiting moderation outlining what I tried to get this kext to work.

No I did not try AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext, I was thinking to use the fix proposed in this link https://www.theitsage.com/fix-rx-580-sleep-isque-10-13-2/, but I don't know if it works on a Hack, where I can find AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext ?

No I did not try AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext, I was thinking to use the fix proposed in this link https://www.theitsage.com/fix-rx-580-sleep-isque-10-13-2/, but I don't know if it works on a Hack, where I can find AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext ?

I read the article, good find. Some warnings... card won't work with Windows, warranty problems if something goes wrong and maybe some ports won't work after changing BIOS. To scary for me. Tricking the macOS to recognise the card using AMD9xxxControllerPatcher (if I can get it to work), is in my opinion the safer bet.

The file can be found here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-2-update.239847/page-31#post-1645800

I read the article, good find. Some warnings... card won't work with Windows, warranty problems if something goes wrong and maybe some ports won't work after changing BIOS. To scary for me. Tricking the macOS to recognise the card using AMD9xxxControllerPatcher (if I can get it to work), is in my opinion the safer bet.

The file can be found here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-2-update.239847/page-31#post-1645800

I installed AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext on S/L/E with kextbeast (https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/kextbeast.32/) and now Sleep works !!!

I installed AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext on S/L/E with kextbeast (https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/kextbeast.32/) and now Sleep works !!!

Great news that you got it going, but I'm still stuck and going crazy with this sleep issue. Can I ask a couple of questions?

1. Did you have to change any of the settings in the Info.plist within AMD9xxxControllerPatcher, if so what worked for you?
  2. How many 'Ports' do you have?
  3. I gather you put the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext in /S/L/E using kextbeast?
  4. Are you using Lilu, WhateverGreen or just RadeonDeinit = Yes, or all three?
  5. If you run System Information, and sort it on 'Obtained from' so it shows the Non-Apple extensions, could you attach a screen grab for me?
The only difference I can see at this stage is I have a SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 580 OC, not a RX 480.
I'm open to any suggestions... especially confirmation from anyone that has a RX 580!

Great news that you got it going, but I'm still stuck and going crazy with this sleep issue. Can I ask a couple of questions?

1. Did you have to change any of the settings in the Info.plist within AMD9xxxControllerPatcher, if so what worked for you?
  3. I gather you put the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext in /S/L/E using kextbeast?
  5. If you run System Information, and sort it on 'Obtained from' so it shows the Non-Apple extensions, could you attach a screen grab for me?
The only difference I can see at this stage is I have a SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 580 OC, not a RX 480.
I'm open to any suggestions... especially confirmation from anyone that has a RX 580!

Try Arbitrary injection as below, work with Lilu + WhateverGreen, does not need dummy kext injection, compatible with customer ssdt.

upload_2017-12-11_23-12-28.png

1. No
2. 3DP and 1 HDMI
3. Yes
4. just RadeonDeinit = Yes
5. AMD9xxxControllerPatcher did not load

Try Arbitrary injection as below, work with Lilu + WhateverGreen, does not need dummy kext injection, compatible with customer ssdt.
View attachment 298872

Shuhung, thanks for your reply, it is working perfect now, sleeps and more importantly wakes up!

I had to put Lilu.kext & WhateverGreen in my /L/S/E folder as putting in my clover did not work. I'm not using RadeonDeinit, its set to 'NO'.

Thank you once again, I now can move on and see if I can use this method to change the 'model' name to what I want. It currently is reporting my card as a 'Radeon Pro 580 8 GB'.
You rock!:clap::headbang:

1. No
2. 3DP and 1 HDMI
3. Yes
4. just RadeonDeinit = Yes
5. AMD9xxxControllerPatcher did not load

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately it just does not want to change the ports etc using RadeonDeinit and the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher. I feel I tried every permutation and then some to get it to work!

But I got it to work using shuhung method using Clovers Arbitrary injection method. Yeah!:clap::headbang:

Shuhung, thanks for your reply, it is working perfect now, sleeps and more importantly wakes up!

I had to put Lilu.kext & WhateverGreen in my /L/S/E folder as putting in my clover did not work. I'm not using RadeonDeinit, its set to 'NO'.

Thank you once again, I now can move on and see if I can use this method to change the 'model' name to what I want. It currently is reporting my card as a 'Radeon Pro 580 8 GB'.
You rock!:clap::headbang:

To answer my own question, it's easy to change the reported name of the Graphics card. Just add an extra entry in the Clover Config.plist Arbitrary section. Enjoy and thanks again to Shuhung and other who helped me over the last three days of head banging!

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 11.24.32 am.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 11.31.29 am.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 11.31.52 am.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back