Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I bought all the components off the links for the Customac mini.

I tried last weekend to get this running. Loaded SL and then tried to upgrade to Lion from a CD. Always hangs at the "loading operating system" screen. Would no longer boot to SL with iboot. hangs at the same place.

So I bought a enclosure for my new drive so I could see it had a problem. Hooked it to disk utility on my macbookpro. I could see the snow leopard install, but since it would no longer boot with iboot, I reformatted it and started over with Unibeast. It hung at the same spot. "the dots stop under the second s in system" :( Always the same place.

So I'm thinking my lion installer must be corrupted. I redownload it from the app store. Try again and same thing. I then tried the other RAM stick. (bought 8G but only setting up with 4) That didn't make any difference either. Tho' the SL install went fine the first time around.

I tried to run iboot again. It still shows the "can't find mach-kernal"

What is that? I've tried recreating the partition on the drive, but that doesn't seem to eliminate that issue.

Anyone have any ideas on what I should try now.

Well, I swapped out the hard drive for one in my pc. That allowed me to get past the mach_kernal error.

I got unibeast to load, finally got to the installer screen and installed Lion.
rebooted and selected Lion on the Chimera screen. I'm thinking good things are happening.

I needed to type that PCIRootUID command to get in bu That worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back