Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Im having difficulty loading lion. Ive set the bios to achi. Is there anything else I need to do in bios? Ive tried running all boots modes to no avail.

CPU Intel Core i5-2500K
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD 6850

1) HPET to 'enabled' and 64-bit
2) ACPI state to S3
3) Disable USB3 and firewire during the installation
4) Make sure your USB Lion installer is recognized by the BIOS when it's in a usb2 slot (look in the list of hard drives in the "Advanced BIOS Features" page)

Some folks here have also recommended setting the SMART hard drive state to "enabled," but then I've also seen people say it should be "disabled." So I really don't know how much of difference that setting makes at all, and I don't recall doing anything special with it when I installed Lion.

TB

Have you tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=No @ Chimera boot screen?

I have no idea what is going wrong now. I thought I was making progress after your advice but now after about 10 seconds on the apple screen the screen goes black and nothing happens after that. The computer continues to run until I eventually turn it off. I've tried graphicsenabler=yes and no plus safe mode and various other but nothing seems to get me to the install screen.

Try boot in verbose mode by typing -v at the boot loader menu. This will show you a series of scrolling lines down the screen. When the process hangs, take a picture(s) of the last several lines of the output and post them here. You might need to try -x -v to get the system to give you some sort of meaningful output before failing.

TB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back