Contribute
Register

Won't boot without nv_disable=1 after 10.10.3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man..you're my hero :D

That did the trick indeed, thanks so much !! All running smoothly again now...

So what are exactly those two command lines doing / what was the issue (so at least I learn something) ?

Cheers !
That first long terminal command patched the IOAHCIBlockStorage kext to allow trim support on a non-Apple HDD/SSD.

The second repaired permissions on S/L/E

Thanks for the explanation !

But was not the trim patch kext from multibeast to do that already ?

Thanks for the explanation !

But was not the trim patch kext from multibeast to do that already ?

Wait for the next release of MultiBeast. MultiBeast Version 7.2 TRIM patch will not work on 10.10.3

Ok all make sense now :)
thanks a lot guys !

Hi guys.. I've batteling this problem now for two day's. I can't seem to get it to boot... I am running a 1p1bL-La board with a core duo quad intel chip with 8 gigs ram and a nv 9600 gt. The board has onboard graphics also. If i use the nv_disable=1 flag it will boot. If I take the nv card out it will boot, but not enough mem in that to use my programs. I have tried my other nv card a 310 gt, but same problem, I installed with clover, and clover configurator. Using the "generate config" option. im running 10.11. I used the kext file from listed above, then did a dist repair, done the other two commands, but still have the same problem, I need the card to run for the min requirements of my logic pro program. I also tried injecting the kext.... flag listed above, had no effect. I am a newb but usually through lots of effort i get it, but this time im stumped. any help is appreciated. thanks

Hi guys.. I've batteling this problem now for two day's. I can't seem to get it to boot... I am running a 1p1bL-La board with a core duo quad intel chip with 8 gigs ram and a nv 9600 gt. The board has onboard graphics also. If i use the nv_disable=1 flag it will boot. If I take the nv card out it will boot, but not enough mem in that to use my programs. I have tried my other nv card a 310 gt, but same problem, I installed with clover, and clover configurator. Using the "generate config" option. im running 10.11. I used the kext file from listed above, then did a dist repair, done the other two commands, but still have the same problem, I need the card to run for the min requirements of my logic pro program. I also tried injecting the kext.... flag listed above, had no effect. I am a newb but usually through lots of effort i get it, but this time im stumped. any help is appreciated. thanks

9600GT needs GraphicsEnabler=Yes in Chameleon and inject nVidia=true in Clover. May also need device id added to nVidia kext plist to work, depending on the model/brand of the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back