Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus B85M-G
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
Hey Guys,

I've recently updated to High Sierra 10.13.4 and installed the Nvidia Web Driver 387.10.10.10.30.106. Upon selecting the driver and rebooting MacOS starts up with the Apple logo and loading bar and then goes to a black screen with a loading wheel and gets stuck. The only way to boot into MacOS is to disable the driver. Anyone know a fix?

Hello,

I have the same problem and I still didn´t found a solution. It´s working with any 378.x.x.x.x.x driver, but none of 387.x.x.x.x.x drivers are working.

Did you resolved your issue?

Gustavo

@MercadoNegro, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@MercadoNegro, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).

Hello @BreBo !

Thanks for the suggestion! I created my account before my computer was built and forgot to update the details. Now the details are updated.

Regards.
Gustavo

I have the same problem and I still didn´t found a solution. It´s working with any 378.x.x.x.x.x driver, but none of 387.x.x.x.x.x drivers are working.
You could try installing the driver via the terminal commands on this page. e.g. for macOS build 17E202 paste this into terminal
Code:
bash <(curl -s https://vulgo.github.io/webdriver) 387.10.10.10.30.107

You could try installing the driver via the terminal commands on this page. e.g. for macOS build 17E202 paste this into terminal
Code:
bash <(curl -s https://vulgo.github.io/webdriver) 387.10.10.10.30.107

I use webdriver script to install different versions of the drivers. None of 387.x.x.x.x.x are working.

I use webdriver script to install different versions of the drivers. None of 387.x.x.x.x.x are working.
Update Lilu + plugins to the latest version if you use NvidiaGraphicsFixup, AppleALC etc. You should install the latest NVIDIA driver for the version of macOS that you are running with the latest version of the webdriver script or use the command from that page.

After installing the driver the attached info.sh script collects some information and saves 'info.txt' on the desktop, it might tell us why you cannot boot (run it after installing the web driver and before rebooting). If you can't boot you could upload info.txt + your EFI folder minus themes.

Attachments

• info.sh.zip
    982 bytes · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back