Contribute
Register

Won't boot with GTX 970 Installed into pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
octinator
CPU
i5-4690k
Graphics
MSI GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone, so I followed the guide and everything seems to work and boot WITHOUT the 970 in the system, however when I put the 970 in the System it doesn't seem to boot and gives me this message:

DSC_0028.jpg

My Specs are:

CPU: Intel i5-4690k
GPU: MSI Gtx 970 Gaming 4G
RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 8gb (x2 4GB sticks)
MOBO: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H
PSU: 600W Bronze EVGA
HDD: Seagate 1TB

As i'm pretty new to this stuff I have no idea what it could be and am willing to take any suggestions.
If you need any more info that I didn't provide here let me know and I will update this ASAP.
Anything is helpful and thank you for your time.

I used Unibeast 6.1.1 for the Bootable USB

This has been answered 1,000,000 times! Did you bother to do a forum search for GTX 970?

This has been answered 1,000,000 times! Did you bother to do a forum search for GTX 970?

Yes I did, I can't find a solution that works for me. Unless you could possibly link me to one that I missed? Thanks for your reply

If you are using clover configurator...uncheck nv_disable=1 and check nvda_drv=1 ..reboot ensuring Bios is set for graphics card.

If you are putting nv_disable =1 in at clover boot screen/options, change to nvda_drv=1 and reboot checking Bios as above.

this is after installing correct nvdia drivers of course.

If you are using clover configurator...uncheck nv_disable=1 and check nvda_drv=1 ..reboot ensuring Bios is set for graphics card.

If you are putting nv_disable =1 in at clover boot screen/options, change to nvda_drv=1 and reboot checking Bios as above.

this is after installing correct nvdia drivers of course.

Whenever I try to install the Clover UEFI it comes up with an error saying it didn't install correctly... I'm not sure why either... any ideas? (Thanks for your response)

I would not use the npci boot argument -- that's normally only for X79/X99 boards. I'm not sure whether it would be expected to produce this crash, but all the same, I wouldn't use it.

So for now, just boot with dart=0 nv_disable=1 and see if you still get the same crash.

I would not use the npci boot argument -- that's normally only for X79/X99 boards. I'm not sure whether it would be expected to produce this crash, but all the same, I wouldn't use it.

So for now, just boot with dart=0 nv_disable=1 and see if you still get the same crash.

Same thing, pretty stumped :/ thanks for the response! Really do appreciate all the help

I'd look at the BIOS next then. You can make sure it's set to initial graphics output to PCIe, and try with the integrated graphics both enabled and disabled (this might be designated "multi monitor support" or something in BIOS). When enabled, set it to 64M or 96M or 128M for the initial memory allocation. Make sure inject nvidia = false in config.plist, and you might as well set inject intel = true (it doesn't hurt if integrated graphics is disabled, and might help if they are enabled).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back