Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I had just recently completed a new build with a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 and i7 6700K. Everything works great, but for some reason, when I have my Anker USB 3.0 Card Reader plugged in, it won't boot. It just stays stuck on the bios Gigabyte logo, and it does not respond to keyboard input so I can't go into the bios setup. If I unplug, and plug back in after OS X has booted up, it works with no issues. My previous build (Gigabyte board, i5 2500) didn't have this problem.

I'm sure this is not an OS X issue, but more probably a bios setting issue. But I can't figure out what bad setting I have.

Any thoughts?

I had just recently completed a new build with a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 and i7 6700K. Everything works great, but for some reason, when I have my Anker USB 3.0 Card Reader plugged in, it won't boot. It just stays stuck on the bios Gigabyte logo, and it does not respond to keyboard input so I can't go into the bios setup. If I unplug, and plug back in after OS X has booted up, it works with no issues. My previous build (Gigabyte board, i5 2500) didn't have this problem.

I'm sure this is not an OS X issue, but more probably a bios setting issue. But I can't figure out what bad setting I have.

Any thoughts?

You're right, it's probably a BIOS setting issue. Take a look at "USB Storage Devices" on the Peripherals tab - you should be able to enable/disable specific devices from there; I believe this setting only affects the device during the boot process and it will be available to the OS after the boot is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back