Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8H67-M LE
CPU
i5-3330
Graphics
GT 730
Hi everyone, I am new to the site. I might just be overlooking something here but I cannot boot from my USB with AHCI selected from my BIOS, it will work with IDE no problem (after I set my BOIS to default settings) but as soon as switch even just the AHCI...nothing, it either gives me an error (black screen that simply says "boot0af:error") or goes into some weird windows DOS boot loader type screen. any ideas?

Using the motherboard "Asus - P8H67-M LE" - I have had OSX sierra running on it some time ago and it worked good so I know it's compatible and can do it.

Last edited:
I might just be overlooking something here but I cannot boot from my USB with AHCI selected from my BIOS, it will work with IDE no problem (after I set my BOIS to default settings) but as soon as switch even just the AHCI...nothing, it either gives me an error (black screen that simply says "boot0af:error") or goes into some weird windows DOS boot loader type screen. any ideas?
Looks like you created a Legacy Boot Mode Installer instead of an UEFI Boot Mode Installer.

well crap, I recreated my USB installer stick with Mojava, tried a bunch of different options and actually managed to get everything installed and working. except now I cannot boot from my hard drive, I just have a blinking dash " _ "

so moving forward, How to get everything to go into UEFI mode? I'm assuming I will have to reinstall mojava on my hard drive...in UEFI mode somehow, or should I recreate my bootable USB all together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back