Contribute
Register

Won't boot from HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you be a little more descriptive as to what guide you are following and where you are experiencing the issue?

Also, please issue the verbose boot argument -v and post a clear screen pic of the entire screen

I can't post a picture because the graphics card shuts down straight after. It goes to kernel panic. That's all that I can tell you from verbose mode

I have tried the boot flags, maxmem=4096 (4096m is all I have) cpus=1 and nv_disable=1 (The PC specs is the hackintosh I have setup). I have access to a mac mini. I haven't tried OSX 10.10.1 nor the new unibeast.

I can't post a picture because the graphics card shuts down straight after. It goes to kernel panic. That's all that I can tell you from verbose mode

I have tried the boot flags, maxmem=4096 (4096m is all I have) cpus=1 and nv_disable=1 (The PC specs is the hackintosh I have setup). I have access to a mac mini. I haven't tried OSX 10.10.1 nor the new unibeast.

Make sure you disable vt-D and CFG lock. Also make sure your bios is booting uefi only (not Legacy&UEFI)

Also you might need npci=0x2000 and rootless=0 to get to the installer.

Also you might need npci=0x2000 and rootless=0 to get to the installer.

npci is only generally needed on X79 or X99 boards, and rootless=0 isn't currently used by anything. So those are unlikely to help.

You need to identify the kernel panic, as there are different troubleshooting steps for each one. Ideally, take a photo of the panic screen and post it here. Worst case, take a video of the entire startup/panic sequence and post a frame grab where it shows the panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back