Contribute
Register

Won’t boot after restart, only after shutdown...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H270M-D3H
CPU
Core i5-7400
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GT 740
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If I select ”Restart” from the Apple Menu, my Hackintosh will reboot normally, get to the Apple logo progress bar and then, eventually, fail with the “Stop Sign” - or, as some call it, the “Prohibitory Sign” - the circle with the line through it. We all know what I’m referring to.

If I select “Shutdown” from the Apple Menu, it shuts down fine. Then when I press the power button, everything proceeds just as before (like the restart), except no “Stop Sign,” just the rest of the boot progress bar and then macOS login. So, basically, any time I need to “restart“ my Mac, I actually need to shut it down and then power it back up, or else it won’t finish booting (“Stop Sign”).

I’ve been dealing with this since, I think, Catalina. It may have been a little prior to installing Catalina or a bit after. Today, after moving from Clover to OpenCore and then upgrading to Big Sur, I’ve decided I really want to fix this issue. I was hoping OpenCore would fix it - nope. Then I was hoping (kind of a long shot) Big Sur would fix it - nope.

I googled and googled, but all I get are a lot of “Stop Sign” issues, but nothing about “Stop Sign“ only on restart.

Does this seem familiar to anybody? Any help/pointers appreciated! Thank!

Stop vs Prohib.png

It's not a Stop sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back