Contribute
Register

Won't boot after improper shutdown (power outage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lion
CPU
i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So the situation (not that it really matters) was that I had left my computer on while I was uploading some wedding photos I had just finished editing. I didn't think about it storming when I left the house with it still on, but when I returned the power had gone out. I still didn't think much of it until my hackintosh wouldn't boot into OSX. I continually get into the chameleon boot screen where my options are Mac OSX and three windows options. Windows loads fine, but when I select Lion it just flashes black and is at the same chameleon boot screen.

I have taken a picture of where it halts in verbose mode and googled what to do in this instance with no results.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,035
Can you boot into single user mode?

-s -x

I have tried single user mode and safe mode to no avail.

I took these photos last night so I don't remember exactly what I did to get here, but this is what I believe happened after I tried to run single user and/or safe mode.

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 404
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 371

Have you tried "Graphics Enabler"="No" ?

How about "-f"? Maybe kernel cache is corrupt.

Any USB devices plugged in other than mouse and keyboard?

Can you boot your OSX partition using Unibeast created flash drive ?

I haven't tried GraphicsEnabler=No, but I have tried -f with no success either. I will try that when I get home.

Also, when I tried to boot from the flashdrive it got stuck on the white apple loading screen (same happens if I run safe mode without -v).

I haven't tried GraphicsEnabler=No, but I have tried -f with no success either. I will try that when I get home.

Also, when I tried to boot from the flashdrive it got stuck on the white apple loading screen (same happens if I run safe mode without -v).
Do you get stuck at the same point when from booting from the flash drive with -v ?
Check your BIOS settings. Maybe something got reset when the power went out.

What motherboard are you using?

What version if your "Install OS X Mountain Lion"?

Sorry for the lack of response. After many attempts I was finally able to get it to boot when I tried booting from my flashdrive for the third time. I then used Multibeast to restore all the kexts I installed when building this beast and we're all back to normal. . . except every once in awhile I keep getting the "You need to restart your computer" kernel panic at seemingly random times.

Thanks for the help, Miramar!

I'm having the same issue. Except my computer randomly locks up, its always done this though.

If I don't shutdown Yosemite properly I have to plug in USB HD and boot with -X. Then restart and it works fine as normal..

I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back