Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock X570M Pro4
CPU
Ryzen 3700x
Graphics
RX 580
Has anyone got Wake on Lan to work (from S5 power off) with OSX on their DQ77KB? I've tried everything I can think of, but no go. I'd like to be able to turn the Cube on with my iPhone like I do my G5's.

Comments? Thanks...

Also could anyone provide a dsdt edit that will stop EHC2 from sending wake requests?

My apple cinema is immediately waking the cube each time it sleeps. Reason in the system log is EHC2.

Thx

Got the EHC2 problem solved. Actually both XHC and EHC2 were causing the immediate re-wake. The Cube was sleeping as it should, but only for about 1 sec before firing back up. If anyone is having trouble with their DQ77KB re-waking, here's what I did...

1. Started the fix with an EHCI patch to the DSDT using MaciASL. I'll attach the patch to this post.
2. I edited the _PSW entry under the EHC2 device to store ZERO values only.
3. I deleted the _PRW entry completely from the XHC device.
4. In BIOS, set the USB charging in S3/S4/S5 to OFF.

Now it sleeps as it should, and wakes up to a pressed key on my Apple Wired KB.

Still trying to figure out how to get Wake On Lan to go. May stick Win7 on the 2nd drive and see if WOL works with that.

Ersterhernd

Attachments

• EHCI.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 296
how do you wake your G5s with your iPhone?

Also, I don't think anyone has WOL from S5 working with OS X. I think it is possible from S3, though. I would search around the general forums more for info.

Sorry I'm not of more use.

I use an app called iWol. Port 7 has to be opened in DDWRT.
My Gigabyte board starts from S5. The MSI starts from S3. The DQ77KB doesn't respond from either mode, even though the LAN port is pulsing a green light.

Odd. There must be a solution.

Got WOL working from S3.

The WiFi card I have installed supports Wake on Wireless, so I opened the router ports to its local IP and Voila! Wake from sleep!

Must be an issue with the Network Driver for the LAN ports on this board.

Ersterhernd

I got a couple of errors after doing so, can you post your DSDT for my reference?
p.s. using 0049 patched Bios:angel:

attached is my DSDT, edited the _PSW to store Zero for both EHC1 and EHC2, removed the _PRW from XHC
but still unable to make the system sleeps as it should (firing up immediately from sleep but with black screen, hanged):banghead::banghead:

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    15 KB · Views: 157
I got a couple of errors after doing so, can you post your DSDT for my reference?
p.s. using 0049 patched Bios:angel:

I'm using 0048 patched, but maybe give this DSDT a shot see what happens. SSDT included as well.

Ersterhernd

Attachments

• 0048 DSDT and SSDT.zip
    15.6 KB · Views: 143
Still no luck with sleep, i think it is related to the bluetooth dongle, anyway thanks.

btw, do you guys able play 1080p youtube smoothly?:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back