Contribute
Register

Wireless Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there!

I just got my Mini PCIe to PCIe Adaptor and also an Airport Extreme Card (802.11n) from a macbook. I just plugged it in yesterday and everything works great so far :) The only thing I didn't test was 64bit mode.

cr4nky

I can confirm that my Airport Extreme Card doesn't work in 64bit Mode. I was wondering if there are any Mini-PCIe Airport Extreme Cards that are 64bit mode compatible? (like in the new imacs?)

cr4nky

Mine works in 64 bit mode...used the same one as in the tutorial on this site...

Isn't it cheaper buying a wifi router and set this up as a wifi bridge. Connect your mac by wired cable to the wifi router and you're all done? :confused:

muffstuff said:
Isn't it cheaper buying a wifi router and set this up as a wifi bridge. Connect your mac by wired cable to the wifi router and you're all done? :confused:
apple wi-fi card from ebay $22
mini pci-e adapter from ebay $15
so, um, no. and if yes, not by much.

cr4nky said:
I can confirm that my Airport Extreme Card doesn't work in 64bit Mode. I was wondering if there are any Mini-PCIe Airport Extreme Cards that are 64bit mode compatible? (like in the new imacs?)

cr4nky
which card are you using? i'm using a 2006 era card and works in 64bit just fine.
you might have the atheros chipset version instead of the broadcom? i've heard of complaints with that card.

My card also works OOB in 64 bits. I have a broadcom chip and my card is an Apple brand What is your card brand ??

muffstuff said:

I really don't think it would be cheaper but who can resist the network icon on the desktop.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2010-06-14 a las 18.03.20.png
    Captura de pantalla 2010-06-14 a las 18.03.20.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 118
I just got an Asus WL-138g V2 desktop PCI card from ebay for about $5 and it's working perfectly out of the box connecting to my Airport Express base station.

I've attached the relevant details from system profiler if anyone's interested.

Thanks to all for their helpful posts on this forum - I'm loving my hackintosh so far, it's been plain sailing the whole way!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-16 at 20.09.31.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-16 at 20.09.31.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back