Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I'm getting ready to attempt my first hackintosh build in a few weeks. I've been doing lots of reading lately and have all my hardware picked out except for one thing: wireless. I'll be installing 64bit snow leopard. Whats everyone using?

Yeah, this is the one major problem with Snow Leopard as it seems, not a lot of internal wireless cards are working from what I can tell.
Your best bet would be to get a RaLink based USB dongle, as they offer OSX 10.6 drivers on their website.

thelostswede said:
Yeah, I'm aware of that, but it seems to be USB only drivers for 10.6 at the moment as they're based on RaLink chipsets.

Yes, and you'll have to use a Ralink airport like program. I can confirm the dlink wua-1340 works in 64 bit mode, but I personally disliked not having an airport symbol lol.

has anyone tried buying an apple-branded mini pci-e wireless card on ebay along with the adapter kit?

ya that adapter is ridiculously expensive. i am in no hurry so perhaps i will just wait until some cheaper solution is found (probably once 10.6.3 comes out I am guessing)

Well if you want a cheap ($10-15) temporary solution for just 32 bit, I'd suggest a D-Link G520 from Ebay. If you're interested, make sure its Rev B. and let me know so I can provide you with the needed kext.

quick question. When you run a wireless card in 32bit, does that mean you need to be running the 32bit kernel as well or can you still run 64bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back