CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hope someone could help.

I've got 10.6.5 on my system. For now I don't won't to upgrade it to 10.6.6 because of App store.

My question is what it best solution for wireless card. I don't want USB. It must be PCI card which one can be recognised as Airport extreme. Need to suport 300Mbps and 802.11n standard.

I tried Trendnet with Ralink RT2860, and it recognized it OOB, but after connection was made my Hackintosh freezes. No solution for this. And Ralink stop with drivers for this chipset on 10.5.

Thanks in advance!

Alternatively, if you don't want to have to mess with WiFi drivers, you could just get an Access-Point, hook it to your Ethernet and be done with it in seconds. ;)
Used to do this back in the days that Linux wifi support was poor.

I built the Wireless PCI-e card described in the link below which was brought to my attention by a thread in this sub forum. It was easy to do, and it worked...well, as it should. I'm all thumbs when it comes to building things, but this was a piece of cake. :thumbup:
x86 wifi: How To: Build your own "Real" Airport Card for your Hackintosh

Here's the link to the forum thread How To: Build your own "Real" Airport Card

Why don't you want the Apps Store application, if I can be nosy? I lot of folks drag the App Store icon out of the Dock. I don't know of any reason why you can't delete it, too. You'll probably have to do it after every update from now on, though.

Stork said:
I built the Wireless PCI-e card described in the link below which was brought to my attention by a thread in this sub forum. It was easy to do, and it worked...well, as it should. I'm all thumbs when it comes to building things, but this was a piece of cake. :thumbup:
x86 wifi: How To: Build your own "Real" Airport Card for your Hackintosh

Here's the link to the forum thread How To: Build your own "Real" Airport Card

Why don't you want the Apps Store application, if I can be nosy? I lot of folks drag the App Store icon out of the Dock. I don't know of any reason why you can't delete it, too. You'll probably have to do it after every update from now on, though.

I know already for this. Thanks anyway. The problem about this thread is that I live in country where isn't possible to buy mini PCI-e to PCI-e 1x adapters. I need to order it together with some of Broadcom Wifi card and it will take a while. So it's my last solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back