GA-P55A-UD3
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-860 CPU @ 2.8GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti G1 Gaming 4GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
I've watched the verbose boot on a previous install and this current install and it seems the suggested wireless card is having issues at boot and also my video card may be causing a problem, to test the video card theory I need the original aty_init.kext and ati4600.kext that were replaced, but how can I remove wireless profiles from single user command line?

I'd like to try to rescue this install.

Are you able to get into Yosemite in safe mode?

No it hangs about 50% into boot as well, a lot can be done from single user, apps won't work, but I'm comfortable with cli.

If there is a multi beast install log, I can post it if I can get it.

When you say hangs do you mean like it restarts the computer? otherwise it sometimes takes like 2 minutes to load for me when in safe mode at the 50% mark.

When you say hangs do you mean like it restarts the computer? otherwise it sometimes takes like 2 minutes to load for me when in safe mode at the 50% mark.

I've waited an hour for it to boot before and at least that yesterday while trying to get into safe mode, I've tried even -F to have it boot without the additions in chameleon.boot.plist.

by hang I mean it sits there with no hdd activity or the same posted message for over 10 minutes.

it boots in around 5 minutes without any changes after install, I know it can be faster, but I think a kext killed my install lol

Maybe you could install Yosemite on another USB or HDD and use it just to change those kext because I wouldn't know what codes to use to move them.

Maybe you could install Yosemite on another USB or HDD and use it just to change those kext because I wouldn't know what codes to use to move them.

Since mac is Unix based the basic commands work, and i have found the mac variation to set the proper attributes, but I need to know how to remove the wireless profiles.

Also if someone could post the stock aty_init.kext that would help a lot as well.

check back later after work.

thanks for helping out zach

So wireless isn't active in single user and the commands won't work, doesn't seem to be the problem anyhow, after looking at the last line of verbose I see considerrebuildofprelinkedkernel prebuil rebuild has expired, been 5 minutes so I'm going to let it sit a hour I guess.

Attachments

• 20141202_204503.jpg
    20141202_204503.jpg
    801.8 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back