Contribute
Register

Wireless Card not seeing any networks

Status
Not open for further replies.
That means your wireless card is not working. It's a hardware problem.

someone else with the same issue managed to do it using another method.
Download Ubuntu (free linux os) and burn to cd or usb drive (instructions are on THEIR website)
Boot up with the disk/usb inserted and choose the option to use as a live disk NOT INSTALL
then once you are all loaded up you can use the wifi button and switch it on there and then it should be all good in os x too :)

I found the wireless light does not stay on between shutdown/startups.
So you would boot into windows/ubuntu, have the white light on, wireless working, then restart instead of shutting down.
The light remains on during the restart, boot into Lion, and Lion can detect the wireless card during bootup etc.

maybe that helps.

Can I get a bump on this prob please. Up until last week my wifi card was working fine, now the light is orange and it doesn't find any networks. The only thing I have changed is I reset the BIOS securities to default in response to a suggestion to fix my (not waking up from sleep ) problem. It didn't fix that problem and now my Wifi won't work.

I have tried the above suggestion, it works in ubuntu, but as soon as I restart in osx wifi stops working.

I don't know if the two probs are related and I am not aware of any custom settings for the BIOS that might affect it. I am a complete noob and would appreciate any help please.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back