i7 4790K
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Not exactly sure what section this question should go in so feel free to move it if this isn't the right place.

I'm building a new house right now and its scheduled to be complete on March 15th. Instead of using a wifi router and range extenders, I had the house wired for 4 WAPs; 2 upstairs and 2 downstairs (house is roughly 6,000 sq ft).

I'm not sure it matters but before I buy the WAPs, I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with any of the brands to see which works best with Mac/OSX or if it even makes a difference. I know I have a NetGear nighthawk now and have outstanding coverage but none of my Apple products (hack or genuine) seem to like it much and lose signal or drop the connection quite frequently.

I'm looking at Ubiqiti, Cisco, Linksys, and TP-Link. I have quite a few of the Belkin Wemo wifi light switches in the house so I was leaning towards a Linksys since Belkin owns them.

Not exactly sure what section this question should go in so feel free to move it if this isn't the right place.

I'm building a new house right now and its scheduled to be complete on March 15th. Instead of using a wifi router and range extenders, I had the house wired for 4 WAPs; 2 upstairs and 2 downstairs (house is roughly 6,000 sq ft).

I'm not sure it matters but before I buy the WAPs, I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with any of the brands to see which works best with Mac/OSX or if it even makes a difference. I know I have a NetGear nighthawk now and have outstanding coverage but none of my Apple products (hack or genuine) seem to like it much and lose signal or drop the connection quite frequently.

I'm looking at Ubiqiti, Cisco, Linksys, and TP-Link. I have quite a few of the Belkin Wemo wifi light switches in the house so I was leaning towards a Linksys since Belkin owns them.

It shouldn't matter much if at all - though I would be more concerned about what WAPs work best with your router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back