Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, has anyone had any problems with an Intel 82578DM?
everything seems to run fine, except when i stress the network out a bit, then it refuses to respond again until i pull the cable out the back of the pc and plug it in again.

this can be triggered by starting two scp transfers, so it doesn't require much. I found the problem because I couldn't have download's going and run files off a DLNA server on my ps3 at the same time.

I've tried a few different things to fix it. I've ruled out the router by running a cable directly between the 2 pcs, i've tried switching between 32 bit and 64 bit kernel, and tried forcing the adapter to run at 1000baseT 100baseTX (network->ethernet->advanced->ethernet), all to no avail. I haven't messed with the MTU (set to the standard 1500) since i've no idea what to try if i did.

It's running the AppleIntelE1000e.kext kext at the moment. My next step is to try the 882566MM, but i can't find anywhere that tells me what cards are supported by this, so am expecting kernel panics (and as such going to put this step off till tomorrow when i have more time to repair a broken system).

Anyone have any other ideas?
Thanks
.tristan

so i tried the 882566MM kext. It seemed to load, and the kernel didn't panic on me, but I was unable to get it to communicate with anyone once in the OS. with DHCP it just applied a self assigned ip, and when i manually set it to something the router would at least respond to i just got icmp errors when i tried to ping the router.

I had to edit the Info.plist for the 882566MM kext and add my card ID (0x10EF8086) to the IOPCIPrimaryMatch key, but I didn't edit anything else. i've seen people mention things about the values in the OSBundleLibraries keys, is there any chance that if I change these values to something else it might work? (I notice they're different between the (half) working AppleIntelE1000e.kext).

Any other suggestions? My only other thought now is to go out and buy a USB adapter and see if i have better luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back