Contribute
Register

[WIP] Photo/Video Editing Mini-ITX Catalina Hackintosh: 9700K, Z390 I Aorus, 32GB RAM, RX 5700

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of Windows. Wish I could get the PC-TU150 without one. I really like the PC-TU100 and PC-TU200. The PC-TU200 would hold a big graphics card and if you use a SFX power supply, there is plenty of room for a Noctua cooler like the one you use.

If it works, fine but PSUs don't react well to a lot of heat.

I would use something else if there would be something that's like the Streacom DA2 but with support for a ATX PSU and a long GPU.

As far as I know, there is nothing else that gets both of this things together.

I'm running the bigger Jonsbo mATX for my Intel HEDT (10-Core 7900X) Windows Desktop, it also has no exhaust for the PSU. I have a semi passiv Seasonic in there, and the fan doesn't even spin most of the time. :)

Maybe it's not the best for Prime95 Runs over 3 Days but I do not even see more then 200 Watts drawn from the wall.

Also one Reason for a very good PSU Efficency is less Heat Produced. :)

Why do you insist on Full sized ATX power supplies? I have had GREAT success with the SFX power supplies and love the extra space in the case. The Corsair SF600 has performed flawlessly for me in multiple cases (literally). I'm running a full ATX board on one with an i7-8700 and Vega64 without issue. The fan rarely even comes on.

The fan NEVER runs on my X299 board with 12 drives, 2 SSDs, a raid card, Vega 64, 128GB of RAM, i9-7980XE, and a Corsair H110v2. BUT, it is a Corsair HX1000i but it is in a Lian Li PC-10B with lots of fans that just don't turn at audible speeds. I'm not afraid of it looking like a PC. I work with PCs all day. However, with only a few exceptions, the Lian Li cases always look great and they used to have many cases without windows. Now it seems they are succumbing to the industry pressure. I wish the public understood the purpose of a faraday cage.

Why do you insist on Full sized ATX power supplies?

Mostly that there is no cheaper Mini-ITX Case then the Streacom DA2 that I like. ;)

I build this System around the Case because I think it's the most apple like on the market.

All the USB ports are working normal with these two GenericUSBXHCI and USBInjectAll installed??

Yes they do.

+ Catalina Port Limit removal Patch

Good! I'll give it a try when I update to Catalina maybe 10.15.3 and later.
In case you need this, it is the M key adapter I bought and Wi-Fi/BT works great in a m.2 slot of Gigabyte-Z390 I Aorus miniITX.

Yeah I have exactly this one.

But I can't get the Dell DW1820 to boot under Catalina. No matter what kexts I use.

And the Original Apple Modul I bought seems to have broken BT. :(

I have attached everything I tried so far.

Btw. DW1820 worked fine under Mojave

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191123-223743.jpg
    Screenshot_20191123-223743.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_20191123-223810.jpg
    Screenshot_20191123-223810.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20191123-223901.jpg
    Screenshot_20191123-223901.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20191123-223836.jpg
    Screenshot_20191123-223836.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 100
Not sure about the B+M key the black last one adapter. The first three will make it work out of the box in Mojave if you connect the USB cable correctly on motherboard 1-D, 1+D only, 5V power and GND not needed.

I know, it should work but the BT module seems to be broken.

I've tested the Apple Module in windows, see WiFi but don't see any BT Device there.

Maybe try another A+E Key module adapter or the Apple chip I dont know :( See and play also for me in Windows with drivers installed.

I have two different ways to plug it in and BT works in neither way.

That's why I assume it has broken BT.

With the DW1820 in the delock adapter BT and WiFi work in windows.

@kabauterman

Thanks for your help, can you please share your Clover folder? I have a 5700 XT but playback speed inFCPx is horrible.
Thanks again.

@kabauterman

Thanks for your help, can you please share your Clover folder? I have a 5700 XT but playback speed inFCPx is horrible.
Thanks again.

I will upload it again at the weekend because I will do some clean up

I got WiFi/BT working today with a new Apple BCM94360CS2 Card in my big 2280 M-Key to Apple Card Adapter.

Continuity /AirDrop works fine!

I don't know what to say more, the system is done and ready to be used, everything works, nothing doesn't :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back