Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Classic
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can't stop myself!

Another NUC build, not really a case mod, but more of a case miniature. Hackintoshed the NUC with boot logo mods, and working out the 3D model now, some 3D printing has begun. It will side open just like the original with the tiny latch and a full hinge on the bottom. My reference machine is not a true B&W but a graphite 450. I have translucent blue PETG that matches the Bondi Blue color, so I will use that.

IMG_2413-sized.jpg

IMG_2414-opened.jpg

IMG_2415-hinge.jpg

IMG_2398-case.jpg

IMG_2408-nac.jpg

IMG_2416-latch.jpg

How cute is that?

Progress on some 3D printing...

IMG_2436-parts.jpg

Vitamin water bottle for scale
IMG_2442-forscale.jpg

G4 Graphite (AGP) for scale
IMG_2450-compareside.jpg

IMG_2452-comparefront.jpg

I can't wait for you to print your own!

3D printing is finicky... transparency is a nightmare, so far the best I can do is translucent. So the original Apple G3/G4 are an aluminum frame, so I 3D printed in Gray to simulate. Well, a side panel does not reflect much light as gray vs. green, so I lined it with Foil tape, and it makes a big difference.

Panel alone:
IMG_2423-sidepanel.jpg

Panel with green logo over Gray:
IMG_2425-grayside.jpg

Adding foil tape:
IMG_2427-alumside.jpg

Better contrast:
IMG_2429-sidebetter.jpg

So maybe some light sanding and polishing of the translucent will even it out a little... we will see.

Time to make some progress... I got the 4 handles printed with pretty good quality, so I will try to finish this up soon. The latch is too small for a finger, so I will have to borrow a small child, use a doll hand, or a pencil.
IMG_2920-sm.jpg

No idea what the bottom of a B&W looked like, so went with my Sawtooth/Graphite as my example
IMG_2925-sm.jpg

I have yet to install the speaker, amplifier, power button. There is room for an additional 2.5 SATA drive and a tiny fan.
IMG_2923-sm.jpg

Back