Contribute
Register

[WIP] [GUIDE] Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 & Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for your feedback! Tomorrow friday I will re-install everything with your updated GUIDE and post my feedback, by the way, Shall I modify my BIOS (this thing called Whitelist) since I don't want to use a USB wi-fi dongle. One more thing...is the DSDT extraction same with OLD bios and modified Bios? Because..I am about to flash it in favor of modified one for the WLan card.
This is my hardware:
Lenovo Ideapad Z500 Model: 20202
CPU: Intel i7 3520M (Ivy Bridge)
Video Cards: Intel HD 4000 and Georce GT740M
WLAN: Atheros AR9485WB-EG
Audio: Realtec ALC269
Trackpad: Elan Smart Pad
Bluetooth: Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0+HS
Card Reader: ?
BIOS: Original still.

I can upload my DSDT extract if it's going to be of any help/use/information.

Thank you for your guide and helps, it's highly appreciated.

DSDT i think you can use mine without problem. But first, install mavericks and try to have everything working. Search for a kext for Elantech Touchpad. Then think about BIOS and WiFi.

I seem to have an issue with ethernet. Can't connect. I have tried manual settings.

@marko93b

Could you please boot without UMA Graphic (with Switchable ON) since I am considering Dual Boot windows 8.1. Tomorrow evening I will post my feedback after a clean install with your guide.

I seem to have an issue with ethernet. Can't connect. I have tried manual settings.

With DPCIManager, check if your ethernet card has Vendor 10EC and Device 8136.
If yes, it should work with correct Kext (the one you can find in Multibeast) and setting manually at 10Mbps (Half-Duplex or Full-Duplex is not important. they works both. I usually choose FullDuplex. MTU leave 1500)..
After you have applied the new settings, try renewing dhcp lease.

@marko93b

Could you please boot without UMA Graphic (with Switchable ON) since I am considering Dual Boot windows 8.1. Tomorrow evening I will post my feedback after a clean install with your guide.

No problem with Switchable Graphics. It boots. Nvidia card is recognized in two different ways depending if you use GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=No. I suggest you to set UMA Graphics in Bios, but if you want to set it to Switchable, i suggest to use GraphicsEnabler=No.

To proceed with the installation and configuration, use UMAGraphics. When you got everything work properly, then set to Switchable.

No problem with Switchable Graphics. It boots. Nvidia card is recognized in two different ways depending if you use GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=No. I suggest you to set UMA Graphics in Bios, but if you want to set it to Switchable, i suggest to use GraphicsEnabler=No.

To proceed with the installation and configuration, use UMAGraphics. When you got everything work properly, then set to Switchable.

1. Downloaded your DSDT and installed with Multibeast with UserDSDT option. Result: Kernel Panic.
2. Did the same as step 1 + Added SSDT, DSDDT and .plist in folder /Extra. Result: Kernel Panic.

Maybe I should first install with Multibeast with the options selected as in your attachment image?
I'm a little bit lost. Never get normal booting.

1. Downloaded your DSDT and installed with Multibeast with UserDSDT option. Result: Kernel Panic.
2. Did the same as step 1 + Added SSDT, DSDDT and .plist in folder /Extra. Result: Kernel Panic.

Maybe I should first install with Multibeast with the options selected as in your attachment image?
I'm a little bit lost. Never get normal booting.

Follow image to install the right things. and then you won't have problem with boot. then copy my DSDT in /Extra to enable Brightness control. I think that you haven't installed the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (it is in MultiBeast). The original version of this kext causes kernel panic.

You should generate your own SSDT with Probook installer.

Follow image to install the right things. and then you won't have problem with boot. then copy my DSDT in /Extra to enable Brightness control. I think that you haven't installed the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (it is in MultiBeast). The original version of this kext causes kernel panic.

You should generate your own SSDT with Probook installer.

Hello, No success yet! I don't know why I can't just get it booting. I can't figure what I'm doing wrong or in what my PC differes from yours guys.

What I did:
1. Ticked all the options as you said (see attachment) and installed all. (Including AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext)
2.Created the SSDT with Probook Installer. Copied to /Extra
3. Copied your DSDT to /Extra
Result: I am stuck at IOBluetoothHCIController. (See attachment1) //I am searching for a solution like crazy for this issue, so far no success.

So I again removed the Bluetooth Kexts (2 in total).
Result: (See attachment2)

BIOS Seetings:Graphics Mode UMA, VT=Disabled/Enables (tried both ways)

Also I extracted my DSDT but CANNOT compile it, it gives too many Errors, Warnings and Remarks.

Maybe I should remove the Blueetooth card?

Attachments

• attch1.jpg
    attch1.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 272
  • attch2.jpg
    attch2.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 253
  • System DSDT.zip
    29.4 KB · Views: 107
  • ubsettings.mb.zip
    144.1 KB · Views: 104
  • unibtck.jpg
    unibtck.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 243
Hello, No success yet! I don't know why I can't just get it booting. I can't figure what I'm doing wrong or in what my PC differes from yours guys.

What I did:
1. Ticked all the options as you said (see attachment) and installed all. (Including AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext)
Result: I am stuck at IOBluetoothHCIController. (See attachment1) //I am searching for a solution like crazy for this issue, so far no success.

Also I extracted my DSDT but CANNOT compile it, it gives too many Errors, Warnings and Remarks.

I think there is no problem in bluetooth. I think there is a problem with graphic card. Try boot with IGPEnabler=No. if it boots, there is something wrong in IGPlatformID.
PS: Your screen is 1366x768?

What I did:

The DSDT you posted has no errors. However, it is also patched for a high resolution display. What is the resolution of your laptop display? You should always use your own DSDT and patch it, not use a DSDT from another computer.

FYI: The problem is not with bluetooth, so you should probably restore those kexts...

Also, see here for proper power managemente configuration: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back