i7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHz - HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950M @ 1920x1080p
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, everyone.

I'm planning on writing a thorough 10.13.1 install for this VivoBook series. So I started from scratch again. As always I started with RehabMan's guide. Every time I read it, I can find something I previously overlooked.

I'm the early stages, so for the time being I'm still using two USB boot sticks. I use one for changes in configuration, the other one as a fail-safe when things go wrong. I'm using RehabMan's Clover fork, Clover_v2.4k_r4270.

For first boot and install, I disabled Nvidia graphics (using _SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP path) and APFS. I don't need a DVMT-prealloc patch since the amount can be set in the BIOS.

I swapped the original WiFi card a with Broadcom BCM4352Z. It works OOB with FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext but without the fcvo patch in config.plist I needed with Sierra.

I have a Samsung 960 EVO NVMe, it is recognised by the installer without NVMe class spoof technique, though I still keep the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_5.kext and the ACPI patch for peace of mind.

As for the ALC 255 chipset, I decided to follow the AppleHDA Patcher way. I install the patched AppleHDA and HDAEnabler.kext since they give me best results; all the other procedures bring to terrible scratchy sound, and this is weird.

For backlight, AppleBacklightInjector + ACPI patch work fine.

For DSDT/SSDT patching I follow the "Partial hotpatch with patched SSDTs" way. I patched DSDT with Fix ADBG Error, Rename _DSM methods to XDSM, Fix_WAK Arg0 v2, Shutdown Fix V2, HPET Fix, SMBUS Fix, IRQ Fix. I don't apply Add IMEI since HECI already exists.

First issues:
  • Skylake LPC patch causes boot failure (AppleLPC.kext is not loading)
  • Audio Layout 3 patch causes boot failure (I think it's required by MironeAudio)
  • USB3_PRW 0x6D Skylake causes boot failure
First question:
  • How can I spot the miniDP in IoRegistryExplorer, so that I can understand if it's driven by the integrated Intel card or the discrete NVIDIA one - or both.
  • What's the max monitor resolution my system can support through the miniDP, keeping in mind I'll have to disable the NVDIA card anyway.

I'm attaching all the required filed so that you can tell me what's right and what's wrong in my work.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 300
I have a Samsung 960 EVO NVMe, it is recognised by the installer without NVMe class spoof technique, though I still keep the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_5.kext and the ACPI patch for peace of mind.

Keep in mind this means you're using the 10.12.5 NVMe kext with 10.13.

As for the ALC 255 chipset, I decided to follow the AppleHDA Patcher way. I install the patched AppleHDA and HDAEnabler.kext since they give me best results; all the other procedures bring to terrible scratchy sound, and this is weird.

HDAEnabler.kext not needed/not recommended. Instead, best to inject layout-id with Clover or ACPI.

For backlight, AppleBacklightInjector + ACPI patch work fine.

Skylake LPC patch causes boot failure (AppleLPC.kext is not loading)

No need for AppleLPC on Skylake.

Audio Layout 3 patch causes boot failure (I think it's required by MironeAudio)

Some other problem/mistake.

USB3_PRW 0x6D Skylake causes boot failure

Also some other problem/mistake.

How can I spot the miniDP in IoRegistryExplorer, so that I can understand if it's driven by the integrated Intel card or the discrete NVIDIA one - or both.

If the miniDP is not working in macOS, that determination must be made in Windows.

What's the max monitor resolution my system can support through the miniDP, keeping in mind I'll have to disable the NVDIA card anyway.

Skylake should support 4k.

A similar laptop. The archive file doesn't start the graphics card. There is no possibility to start the installation.

A similar laptop. The archive file doesn't start the graphics card. There is no possibility to start the installation.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Video started. The problem was in the installation drive. Ordered BCM4352Z work with DSDT.

Managed to install HSierra 10.13.2 on this laptop. Wifi card replaced with Broadcom BCM42602BAED DW1830 Dell. Work all Fn keys, keyboard backlight, brightness control and volume. Working HDMI, video and audio. Left to run the Sleep.

What about that miniDP port? Have you tried?
Have you experienced any weird glitches on audio? (especially headphones)
And again have you tried usb type c? Is it working ?

The sound is fully functional, and HDMI too. To type with I connect a flash drive, reads writes. To miniDP port unfortunately there is nothing to connect for check.

Hey, i have the same pc, but on boot stuck on abnormal error, can you send me all your EFI usb partition? Thanks.

Hey, i have the same pc, but on boot stuck on abnormal error, can you send me all your EFI usb partition? Thanks.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back