Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-WS
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1060
So, I'm running a quadruple boot of macOS, Windows 7, 8.1, and Fedora, and when I use the upgrade installation of Windows 10 for the Windows 8.1 partition, I end up with an annoying Windows 10 recovery partition that's shown as a boot option in Clover for some reason. I was wondering if there is a way to perform an upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 without having this annoying recovery partition to deal with.

If I choose to delete this partition, would anything bad happen? Is there a proper way of removing/deleting the partition so that it won't cause any interference?

So, I'm running a quadruple boot of macOS, Windows 7, 8.1, and Fedora, and when I use the upgrade installation of Windows 10 for the Windows 8.1 partition, I end up with an annoying Windows 10 recovery partition that's shown as a boot option in Clover for some reason. I was wondering if there is a way to perform an upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 without having this annoying recovery partition to deal with.

If I choose to delete this partition, would anything bad happen? Is there a proper way of removing/deleting the partition so that it won't cause any interference?
Is this the actual Win10 recovery partition or is this the roll-back partition that takes you back to Win8.1 if you do not like Win10?

Is this the actual Win10 recovery partition or is this the roll-back partition that takes you back to Win8.1 if you do not like Win10?
I have no idea. It's a little over 400 MB in size. It gets created when performing the installation of Windows 10 on the Windows 8.1 desktop.

I managed to delete it in Windows using Command Prompt by entering these commands:

Code:
diskpart
list disk
select disk X
(X = drive's disk number)
Code:
list partition
select partition X
(X = Windows 10 recovery partition number)
Code:
delete partition override
exit

Though with that being said, I'm not sure if that's the proper/correct way of taking care of removing the partition. It's just a method that I found out that works natively for Windows rather than having to jump to Linux to remove it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back