Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370n Wifi
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Wondering if it's possible to install Windows 7 or 10 on a separate disk and to boot it press a button before OS X loads up to choose it instead? Or if I install it do I have to manually select which OS I want to boot every time I start the computer?

Any problems running Windows on the other disk?

It depends on your BIOS. It is perfectly fine to have separate drives for windows and OS/X. In which case, during installation, I would have only 1 drive connected to ensure neither install messes up the other.

If you change the boot order, then it should continue to boot the desired primary OS after reboot without you selecting anything. Only when booting the secondary OS would you have to mess with the boot sequence.

Clover can be the boot loader, and remember last booted OS. But you have to verify that the Windows is installed on a GUID drive.

No problem at all dual boot Windows 10 and OS X on separate disk, i reboot system to select other OS.

Wondering if it's possible to install Windows 7 or 10 on a separate disk and to boot it press a button before OS X loads up to choose it instead? Or if I install it do I have to manually select which OS I want to boot every time I start the computer?

Any problems running Windows on the other disk?
Yes, you can, and no, there is not.

Provided, of course, that you have installed both of them either Legacy Mode or UEFI Mode. You cannot mix'n'match - it must be one or the other and which you choose is ultimately determined by your hardware - which you failed to put in your profile or a sig, as the forum rules call for you to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back