Contribute
Register

Windows not creating EUFI partition after installation ? So unable to boot Win. (CLOVER)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I just installed clover and OSX10.10, they both work perfectly, but when I try to install windows 10, it just doesn't create a EUFI partition, I am trying to do all this on one single drive.

After the Win installation I only have 4 partitions on my SDD, EFI partition (OSX), APPLEHFS MAC (normal mac partition), AppleRecovery (recovery) and Microsoft Basic Data a 75GB partition (windows 10), there isn't a 5th one with Windows EUFI.

Help.

Hi, I just installed clover and OSX10.10, they both work perfectly, but when I try to install windows 10, it just doesn't create a EUFI partition, I am trying to do all this on one single drive.

After the Win installation I only have 4 partitions on my SDD, EFI partition (OSX), APPLEHFS MAC (normal mac partition), AppleRecovery (recovery) and Microsoft Basic Data a 75GB partition (windows 10), there isn't a 5th one with Windows EUFI.

Help.

No need for Windows to create EFI partition. It is already there. There is only one EFI partition and both OS X and Windows share it.

No need for Windows to create EFI partition. It is already there. There is only one EFI partition and both OS X and Windows share it.
I will mount it and see if this is true, if it is, what do I have to do to be able to see it on the clover boot menu ?

I mounted my EFI and I don't see any windows things.

Firstly I have a boot file and an EFI folder, in which when opened, I can see a BOOT folder and a CLOVER folder with a log file.

No windows ?
I resintalled it 3 minutes ago.

Update : I can see a Microsoft Data EFI partition through Diskutil list.
Update 2: I think it is the mini partition I created before just to see, it shows it as a Microsoft Data partition named EFI, but it is empty. I created it through DiskUtility ... WTF

Help me please :D @RehabMan

I mounted my EFI and I don't see any windows things.

Then you likely didn't install Windows in UEFI mode.

If you install Windows in UEFI mode, it will use the existing EFI partition and place its files in EFI/Microsoft.

Well, how do I do that ?
I only downloaded the ISO that I ran on a USB stick then I clicked on install, I haven't seen any EUFI option.

Well, how do I do that ?
I only downloaded the ISO that I ran on a USB stick then I clicked on install, I haven't seen any EUFI option.

If you boot the Windows installer in UEFI mode, Windows will be installed UEFI.

I boot the install USB from GIGABYTE EUFI DualBios...

I boot the install USB from GIGABYTE EUFI DualBios...

But you have to be certain to boot it in UEFI mode. The Windows USB can be booted in either legacy or UEFI from your board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back