CPU
2.9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Graphics
Intel/AMD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I just installed Windows 7 UEFI and it is working well, but I have an issue. Windows boots instead of Clover. If I go into the boot menu and select my SSD it will boot into clover which will then allow me to boot into Windows and Mac. If I don't press anything Clover will not boot and the PC will boot right into Windows. I tried reinstalling clover but it didn't help.

*Mac and Windows are running on the same SSD but separate partitions.
*Windows was installed after mac using a UEFI install made with Rufus.
*I am able to boot both Windows and Mac via clover but it appears the boot priority is making windows first and clover second. I tried to change that in the BIOS but I couldn't probably because it did not give me an option to select partition priority.

Hi, I just installed Windows 7 UEFI and it is working well, but I have an issue. Windows boots instead of Clover. If I go into the boot menu and select my SSD it will boot into clover which will then allow me to boot into Windows and Mac. If I don't press anything Clover will not boot and the PC will boot right into Windows. I tried reinstalling clover but it didn't help.

*Mac and Windows are running on the same SSD but separate partitions.
*Windows was installed after mac using a UEFI install made with Rufus.
*I am able to boot both Windows and Mac via clover but it appears the boot priority is making windows first and clover second. I tried to change that in the BIOS but I couldn't probably because it did not give me an option to select partition priority.

The answer will depend on the hardware you have. Your profile doesn't specify any hackintosh hardware.

The answer will depend on the hardware you have. Your profile doesn't specify any hackintosh hardware.

Sorry this is for a friend, that's why the hardware isn't in my profile.

Specs:
MSI H97M-E35 motherboard
Intel Core i5-4460 3.2Ghz
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram
120GB Kingston SSD (Windows and Mac are both installed to this drive)
Windows 10 installed in UEFI mode
OS X 10.10.4 booting via the latest version of clover UEFI
1TB WD Blue Drive (File Storage, Apps, etc.)

Ok, so I found a setting in the BIOS that allowed me to change the boot order of UEFI partitions and now clover boots up fine but I have another issue. In clover, I have several options "Boot Windows from EFI" which doesn't boot windows, it just says inset boot media and press any key, "Boot Windows from" which results in a black screen, another "Boot Windows from" which does the same thing, Then an option that says "Boot Microsoft EFI from EFI" this is the one that boots Windows. The other two options are "Boot Mac OS X from Macintosh HD" which boots mac and 'Boot Recovery from Recovery HD" I haven't tried that one yet.

Clover automatically counts down to the one that says 'Boot Windows from EFI" the problem is that one doesn't boot Windows. I would like it to count down to the one that says "Boot Microsoft EFI from EFI"

I would also like only "Boot Microsoft EFI from EFI" and "Boot Mac OS X from Macintosh HD" to be shown because having all those drives there gets confusing. Is there any way to fix this?

Ok, I managed to hide the Recovery partition from clover but I can not remove the "Boot Windows From EFI" and "Boot Windows From"

I tried to hide them via the UUID but neither of them have any information in clover boot loader

Ok, I managed to hide the Recovery partition from clover but I can not remove the "Boot Windows From EFI" and "Boot Windows From"

I tried to hide them via the UUID but neither of them have any information in clover boot loader

Hiding entries is documented in the Clover wiki.

If you have no real legacy entries, you should turn off legacy scanning.

Hiding entries is documented in the Clover wiki.

If you have no real legacy entries, you should turn off legacy scanning.

I'll check that out now. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back