Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

Just wondering whether anyone can help me with my dual boot of windows and yosemite. I have 2 drives with Mac on one and Windows on the other however at the moment, the only way that i can get into Mac is by booting through my usb. I have heard that clover works by clearing this up however i would prefer to do a fresh install as i have many files that i want to keep.

Thanks

Hi all,

Just wondering whether anyone can help me with my dual boot of windows and yosemite. I have 2 drives with Mac on one and Windows on the other however at the moment, the only way that i can get into Mac is by booting through my usb. I have heard that clover works by clearing this up however i would prefer to do a fresh install as i have many files that i want to keep.

Thanks

I am guessing that you have not installed a bootloader for the MAC drive.

Use MultiBeast which will install Chimera 4.0 on your Mac drive making it bootable. MultiBeast will not erase any of your files on the disk, running it will only install files that you select for your system, ie: Audio.

Once you have installed Chimera, you need to set the Mac drive as the first drive in the starting sequence in your BIOS. The start screen will show both drives and will allow you to select the Win drive. If you don't do that, your computer will always start with Win and the only other way you can start the Mac drive is to select the drive with the F12 option during POST.

Hi all,

Thanks

Windows installed legacy mode or UEFI?
If legacy mode, use MultiBeast, select DSDT Free, audio and networking kexts and install to OS X drive.
Boot to BIOS and make OS X drive first in Boot-> BBS boot order.

If UEFI, install Clover.

Hi,

Thanks i think i installed it by uefi so does that mean i need to install via clover. if so can someone please tell me a simple way to do so because i find the guide very confusing thanks

Hi,

Thanks i think i installed it by uefi so does that mean i need to install via clover. if so can someone please tell me a simple way to do so because i find the guide very confusing thanks

Simple way to tell if you installed Windows UEFI - boot OS X, open terminal and type

diskutil list

and hit enter and look at your disk arrangement - do you have an EFI partition on your Windows drive?
If you do, you installed UEFI. If all you have is a System Reserved partition and an NTFS partition, then you did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back