Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z97X-Gaming 3
CPU
intel Core 4690k @ 3.5 Ghz
Graphics
GTX 1060 6GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok so i Have windows 8.1 and OSX ML sharing one GPT Hard drive on a laptop.
now it seems that windows 8.1 is bothering OSX and every time after i shutdown windows and boot into OSX i have to use my OSX installer to repair my OSX partition to use it.
at first i thought it was hfs+ for windows corrupting it, then i thought it was transmac app (Both for windows)
anyone experience that or have any info?

trying to boot without repair leads to this

IMG_20131030_135749.jpg

sometimes goes away after rebooting

now it seems that windows 8.1 is bothering OSX and every time after i shutdown windows and boot into OSX i have to use my OSX installer to repair my OSX partition to use it.
at first i thought it was hfs+ for windows corrupting it, then i thought it was transmac app (Both for windows)

View attachment 71846

Make sure you turn off "Fast Startup" in Windows. See my blog for more info. Link is in signature.

View attachment 71846

Your file system seems damaged. Try to repair in Disk Utility (from Unibeast USB). Hopefully you're not using software from the Window side providing read/write access to your HFS+J drives.

• well i keep pressing repair and it will let me boot into osx

• and unfortunately i do use apps to write to osx in windows (HFS+ for windoes and Transmac), i know their dangerous but i need a way to add patched kernel and kexts when i cant boot into OSX for the first time, i need laptic kernel but the installer does not provide one.

• well i keep pressing repair and it will let me boot into osx

• and unfortunately i do use apps to write to osx in windows (HFS+ for windoes and Transmac), i know their dangerous but i need a way to add patched kernel and kexts when i cant boot into OSX for the first time, i need laptic kernel but the installer does not provide one.

Boot using cpus=1 when you don't have the KernelPatcher module present (and do use KernelPatcher instead of a pre-patched kernel).

Unless you like corrupting your file system, stay away from Windows-based HFS+J file system code...

ok i found a way to get everything installed without using windows. all i did is put all the kexts i need in clover boot loader from usb and boot with injected kexts and no kernel cache, also in clover theres a option to temp laptic kernel until boot up and permanently.
so now i dont need to use windows to edit my hfs+

also i got my wifi card in the mail today and my hackintosh takes it well:D

thanks for the info:thumbup:

ok i found a way to get everything installed without using windows. all i did is put all the kexts i need in clover boot loader from usb and boot with injected kexts and no kernel cache, also in clover theres a option to temp laptic kernel until boot up and permanently.
so now i dont need to use windows to edit my hfs+

also i got my wifi card in the mail today and my hackintosh takes it well:D

thanks for the info:thumbup:

Glad you have it going... I keep forgetting you're using Clover, but I guess the concepts are close enough (eg. kernel patcher) that you've figured out Clover equivalents...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back