Graphics
GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've tried to resolve this problem myself for several hours, but no success has brought me here. A few weeks ago I installed a fresh copy of Mountain Lion on a 1TB drive, with Windows 7 running on a 500GB drive. No I've wiped that Windows 7 drive and installed a copy of Windows 8. My problem is that now, I can't boot into ML without either using my USB, or manually selecting a specific drive to boot off. The 1TB shows up in my BIOS as both UEFI: ST1000..., and P1: ST1000... I know that P1 can boot into ML just fine, but that isn't an option when configuring my boot order, only UEFI. Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks

I've tried to resolve this problem myself for several hours, but no success has brought me here. A few weeks ago I installed a fresh copy of Mountain Lion on a 1TB drive, with Windows 7 running on a 500GB drive. No I've wiped that Windows 7 drive and installed a copy of Windows 8. My problem is that now, I can't boot into ML without either using my USB, or manually selecting a specific drive to boot off. The 1TB shows up in my BIOS as both UEFI: ST1000..., and P1: ST1000... I know that P1 can boot into ML just fine, but that isn't an option when configuring my boot order, only UEFI. Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks

I think your situation is very similar to a situation that just came up a bit ago. The solution is to put stage0 Chimera boot loader (boot0md) on your drive with Windows and tell BIOS to boot there first.

See this thread and see if it helps you: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...oot-windows-7-mountain-lion-2.html#post517340

I think your situation is very similar to a situation that just came up a bit ago. The solution is to put stage0 Chimera boot loader (boot0md) on your drive with Windows and tell BIOS to boot there first.

See this thread and see if it helps you: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...oot-windows-7-mountain-lion-2.html#post517340

Ooooo I tried to use Chameleon Wizard to fix it, and that's what it was gonna do (but couldn't download it apparently). Thanks for the tip, but I solved it with the weirdest solution. I switched the sata cables, so that my 1TB was first and my 500GB was second, and that fixed it. Thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back