Graphics
2x XFX ATI 5870 with Crossfire Bridge
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
For some VERY odd reason Windows 7 64-bit will not go to sleep when my OS X drive is connected. I disconnect the OS X drive from the motherboard, and no problems. I can put OS X to sleep when my Windows 7 drive is connected.

Does anyone have any idea?

I got it working thanks to marosell!

Go to Control Panel->Power Options->Change Plan Settings->Change Advanced Power Settings

Scroll down to "Sleep" and then click the + sign to expand it

Change Allow Hybrid Sleep to Off

Then click the OK button

Thanks again marosell

I got it working thanks to marosell!

Thanks for posting this... 5 years ago!

Worked for dual boot Windows 7 x64 and OS X Yosemite.

I also had a problem with windows 7 not keeping correct time and used this; thanks to user "Going Bald"

OS X wants to use UTC, Win7 want to use local clock. To fix:

1. Boot Windows 7

2. Click Start --> type regedit in the Search Programs and Files box.

3. A programs box should pop up showing regedit.exe. Right click on regedit.exe and select "Run as Administrator" from the popup menu. Another popup asks if you want this program to make changes, select yes.
Navigate within the regedit explorer to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\TimeZoneInformation

4. Click on the TimeZoneInformation "folder" from the navigation pane if you haven't already done so.

5. This assumes the correct key doesn't exist. If it does, you will just change the existing key's value: Right click on the white space within the folder. Select new --> DWORD Value. Title the key "RealTimeIsUniversal" (No quotes). Set the value to "1" (No quotes again).

6. Either reboot and set the clock in MacOS or set the clock in Windows. You should now be able to reboot into either OS and have a correct clock. If you are in an area that uses Daylight savings time, there is a box in the Windows clock control panel to check mark to tell it to automatically adjust for DST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back