i7-930
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey Guys

I got SL 10.6.7 fully working about a week ago thanks to this site, but now I'm having dual booting problems with system now. I've already followed what this guide says: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... -snow.html and I did everything it says to do in Terminal so that the chameleon menu comes up with the two options of booting into SL or W7, SL boots up fine the way it should, it's Windows 7 I'm having problems with.

Error message I get when trying to boot into Windows 7 using the Chameleon menu "Windows could not start properly, please use you're Windows 7 disk to repair the system"
When I try repairing it with the Windows 7 disk it says it couldn't be repaired, and I've already tried reinstalling Windows 7 twice just incase that might fix it, it's so frustrating though because when Windows 7 is installed the Chameleon menu is gone and Windows works fine, then when I do what that link says with the commands in terminal so that the Chameleon boot menu works, then I can't boot into Windows 7 anymore, SL only works.

Is there a different method that works for Dual booting?

P.S I've noticed as well that when the Chameleon menu works again and I'm able to go back into SL, when I go into disk Utility it says the partiton that Windows is on says the format is back to MAC OS Extended (Journaled), does that meen one of the commands I'm putting into terminal is reformatting that partition accidentally?

Appreciate any suggestions to fix this frustrating problem.

y09ur7pr1d3 said:
Hey Guys

I got SL 10.6.7 fully working about a week ago thanks to this site, but now I'm having dual booting problems with system now. I've already followed what this guide says: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... -snow.html and I did everything it says to do in Terminal so that the chameleon menu comes up with the two options of booting into SL or W7, SL boots up fine the way it should, it's Windows 7 I'm having problems with.

Error message I get when trying to boot into Windows 7 using the Chameleon menu "Windows could not start properly, please use you're Windows 7 disk to repair the system"
When I try repairing it with the Windows 7 disk it says it couldn't be repaired, and I've already tried reinstalling Windows 7 twice just incase that might fix it, it's so frustrating though because when Windows 7 is installed the Chameleon menu is gone and Windows works fine, then when I do what that link says with the commands in terminal so that the Chameleon boot menu works, then I can't boot into Windows 7 anymore, SL only works.

Is there a different method that works for Dual booting?

P.S I've noticed as well that when the Chameleon menu works again and I'm able to go back into SL, when I go into disk Utility it says the partiton that Windows is on says the format is back to MAC OS Extended (Journaled), does that meen one of the commands I'm putting into terminal is reformatting that partition accidentally?

Appreciate any suggestions to fix this frustrating problem.
Since you say you did terminal work you obviously did not read the blog closely. In the first section before step 1 you should have read: UPDATE: The latest MultiBeast will take care of choosing boot0hfs instead of boot0 to automatically boot from hfs partition, even if it's inactive. and the sentence right before it telling you to use terminal to make the SL partition active has a line through it. So, no terminal work needed.

If you followed the guide you linked to then you have SL in first partition and Win7 in second partition, yes?

Make Win7 partition active. It must remain active.

When you can get it to boot Win7, then reboot with iBoot, run SL and use MultiBeast to install Chimera.

If you want to spend a little time re-doing everything, boot with iBoot, use the disk utility on the SL retail install disc to wipe the HD and reformat it.
Set up your partitions - GUID partition table, partition 1 for SL Mac OS X Extended (Journaled), partition 2 for Win 7 MS DOS (FAT32)

Install SL to 1st partition, update it, get it working right, booting from HD.
Put Win7 install disc in DVD-RW. Reboot to the Win7 install DVD.
Install Win 7 and update it. Install your mobo drivers and security suite. Get it working right. If you reboot, it boots straight to Win7, right? No worries. Put iBoot disc in DVD-RW. Reboot. Select SL icon and hit enter. At desktop, run MultiBeast and install Chimera again. Eject iBoot and remove from tray. Reboot. Now everything works right- you can select either icon and boot either OS.

Thanks for the reply dude your a legend :thumbup: just tried what you said and it's all good now, I did see the part where Muiltibeast does take care of the problem but I just wasn't sure which option(s) that you use in it to fix that problem, hence the reason why I decided try out the terminal method (I'm still quite noob at hackintosh's and still getting the hang of how things work and how to fix some of the problems). But thanks for pointing that out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back