Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Howdy all. I've searched through forums, but have yet to find a solution that works. I have a working hackintosh, then I added a drive and installed windows 7. If I go to the boot options in bios and choose the windows partition, it boots fine. However, the partition is not showing up in chameleon. I would prefer it show up there then to have to go through the BIOS menu to boot to windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, I have an update. While the Chameleon screen was up, I hit the right arrow key. This then made 3 other icons appear for volumes I have accessible on my computer. I can then select the windows partition and it boots fine. So it isn't a huge issue, but I still wonder how I can make that icon stay and appear on the main screen instead of being hidden until I hit the arrow key.

Ok, I have an update. While the Chameleon screen was up, I hit the right arrow key. This then made 3 other icons appear for volumes I have accessible on my computer. I can then select the windows partition and it boots fine. So it isn't a huge issue, but I still wonder how I can make that icon stay and appear on the main screen instead of being hidden until I hit the arrow key.

at least 2 ways to do that.
1. navigate to /Extra and open org.chameleon.boot.plist in textedit app. Find

<key>timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

and change the 2 in the string to 0 (zero)

<key>timeout</key>
<string>0</string>

2. run MultiBeast and select the Instant Menu option and install it.

Did #2 and it worked. Thanks! I assume there isn't a way to manually control which drives appear? Windows created 2 partitions (only one of which is bootable) and I have a shared partition that isn't bootable, but all 4 show up in the menu.

Did #2 and it worked. Thanks! I assume there isn't a way to manually control which drives appear? Windows created 2 partitions (only one of which is bootable) and I have a shared partition that isn't bootable, but all 4 show up in the menu.

<key>Hide Partition</key>

search is your friend here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back