Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I followed a guide to build a hackintosh with dual boot(windows 7 and mac os x). I managed to install mac os x successfully(but some hardware doesn't work). The other day i tried to start windows 7 again and it says no BootMGR. I tried everything but cant get it fixed. Help??

melville1999 said:
I followed a guide to build a hackintosh with dual boot(windows 7 and mac os x). I managed to install mac os x successfully(but some hardware doesn't work). The other day i tried to start windows 7 again and it says no BootMGR. I tried everything but cant get it fixed. Help??
what did you install first... you must have a guid partition table first that being said you must partition your drive into two partitions with a guid partition table name one snow and the other windows format snow with journaled mac os extended and windows with fat .. install snow... then reboot with windows dvd and install windows on fat partition.. then boot iboot and install your chamelion or chimera and kexts you need for your mobo and the next time you boot chamelion will give you the option to boot snow or windows so there you go hope this helps... I do not know what you did.. So if you do not want to reinstall.. boot with your windows 7 dvd and choose language then repair my computer then command prompt and type bootrec/fixboot then bootrec/fixmbr.. then you will have to install chamelion or chimera again from iboot... boot up iboot and go to your snow and install your bootloader and that should be fine... tell me how it gos.. maybe someone else can give some input here....

melville1999 said:

You're probably choosing the wrong partition at the boot screen. You have to choose "System Reserved" to start Windows.

I tried booting from system reserved but it says :
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer.
2. Choose your language settings and click next.
3. Click "repair your computer"

If you do not have the disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required drive is inaccessible.

I dont want to repair my computer because i only have one hard drive. mac on one partition and windows on the other. i dont want my mac messed up.

melville1999 said:
I tried booting from system reserved but it says :
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer.
2. Choose your language settings and click next.
3. Click "repair your computer"

If you do not have the disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required drive is inaccessible.

I dont want to repair my computer because i only have one hard drive. mac on one partition and windows on the other. i dont want my mac messed up.

I have the same issue plus repair windaz doesn't work...so I'm stuck on this...was working yesterday with chameleon & chimera dual boot win7 x64 + lion 10.7.2...the windaz partition is still there with chimera& chameleon...I'll try with iboot disk later

found this...
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15693&hilit=Status%3A+0xc000000e&start=30

solved with this...it seems that after using chameleon wizard something made windaz partition not active...so to repair boot is mandatory to make it active again

- booted with the Win7 install DVD
- choose repair
- repair can't find any Windows partitions
- advanced to get a command prompt
- use diskpart to make the Windows partition active by typing:
diskpart
list volume
select volume (and then the volume number of your windows 7)
active
exit
- reboot with Win7 install dvd (I skip this, to save time)
- choose repair
- this time Win7 partition is visible, choose repair install
- reboot into Windows

thats it

Bimbo69 said:
solved with this...it seems that after using chameleon wizard something made windaz partition not active...so to repair boot is mandatory to make it active again

- booted with the Win7 install DVD
- choose repair
- repair can't find any Windows partitions
- advanced to get a command prompt
- use diskpart to make the Windows partition active by typing:
diskpart
list volume
select volume (and then the volume number of your windows 7)
active
exit
- reboot with Win7 install dvd (I skip this, to save time)
- choose repair
- this time Win7 partition is visible, choose repair install
- reboot into Windows

thats it

Once you do that, do you still get the Chimera bootloader selection screen at startup or can you only boot into Windows?

Laminar said:
Once you do that, do you still get the Chimera bootloader selection screen at startup or can you only boot into Windows?

YES!
the issue was caused in my case by chameleon wizard, I've made something that turned win7 partition into pasive, thats why I had to turn into active again for normal booting
I didnt tested, it happened only once, but I think that turning the partition into active would be enough, so no need to any more repair...

Well right now, if I make the Lion partition active, Chameleon boots the OS X partitions fine, but the Windows fails to boot and wants me to repair it. If I make the Windows partition active, it boots straight into Windows and I have no choice of using OS X. Do I need to install my bootloader onto the Windows drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back