Graphics
Intel HD 4000/ GTX 650 TI 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been loving having my first Hackintosh but there are certain games I like to play that won't work over crossover and play poorly over Parellels. I'm wanting to dual boot windows 7 with my mountain lion on the same drive. I'd love to do it on another drive but I can't afford to buy another sata drive at the moment to install 7 on.

I know if I install windows 7 it's going to mess up the MBR afterward but couldn't I fix the MBR with my mountain lion dvd? After I install windows 7 run the DVD and fix it?

Or use the DVD to boot into Mac and run Multibeast and tell it to install the bootloader again?

Any suggestions would be great. Wiping the drive to install windows 7 first isn't an option. I'm not even considering getting rid of my mac and having to back all my stuff up to redo it all again. I wasn't really thinking I would need windows 7 but it looks as if I dont have much of a choice if I want to play Allods one of the games I enjoy messing around on once in a while. Installing on CrossOver or Wine has not been successful by anyone on mac or linux. So I really don't mind having a dual boot I have plenty or room on my drive for another os. If anyone has done this and was able to do it no problem would like some more info thanks.

I've been loving having my first Hackintosh but there are certain games I like to play that won't work over crossover and play poorly over Parellels. I'm wanting to dual boot windows 7 with my mountain lion on the same drive. I'd love to do it on another drive but I can't afford to buy another sata drive at the moment to install 7 on.

I know if I install windows 7 it's going to mess up the MBR afterward but couldn't I fix the MBR with my mountain lion dvd? After I install windows 7 run the DVD and fix it?

Or use the DVD to boot into Mac and run Multibeast and tell it to install the bootloader again?

Any suggestions would be great. Wiping the drive to install windows 7 first isn't an option. I'm not even considering getting rid of my mac and having to back all my stuff up to redo it all again. I wasn't really thinking I would need windows 7 but it looks as if I dont have much of a choice if I want to play Allods one of the games I enjoy messing around on once in a while. Installing on CrossOver or Wine has not been successful by anyone on mac or linux. So I really don't mind having a dual boot I have plenty or room on my drive for another os. If anyone has done this and was able to do it no problem would like some more info thanks.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Win7 works same as Win8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back