Graphics
RTX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hey guys tomorrow free upgrade of Windows 10 ends. So upgrade while you can. Now here's the question. What will happens if we reinstall Windows 10 after the Windows 10 upgrade ends? Will it still be activated via SLIC in the bios or will we have to pay for a new licence?

Last edited:
When you perform an upgrade from within Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Windows 8.1, the upgrade process registers a unique ID associated with your PC’s hardware on Microsoft’s Windows activation servers.

In the future, whenever you install Windows 10 on that same PC, it will automatically report to Microsoft’s activation servers. Microsoft will confirm that the PC with that specific hardware configuration is allowed to use Windows 10, and it’ll automatically be activated.

When you perform an upgrade from within Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Windows 8.1, the upgrade process registers a unique ID associated with your PC’s hardware on Microsoft’s Windows activation servers.

In the future, whenever you install Windows 10 on that same PC, it will automatically report to Microsoft’s activation servers. Microsoft will confirm that the PC with that specific hardware configuration is allowed to use Windows 10, and it’ll automatically be activated.

I thought the same. But what if Microsoft being Microsoft rejects it for some reason? Gotta remember Microsoft are very sneaky.

I thought the same. But what if Microsoft being Microsoft rejects it for some reason? Gotta remember Microsoft are very sneaky.
For the moment MS is allowing usage of your Win7/8/8.1 license key to activate Win10. This will probably change after a set period. After that, call the help desk.

For the moment MS is allowing usage of your Win7/8/8.1 license key to activate Win10. This will probably change after a set period. After that, call the help desk.

More than likely Microsoft will change it.

Just reinstalled Windows on my probook and downloaded Windows 10 directly from the Microsoft tool and still got the iso and Windows is installed and fully activated so I guess free upgrades are still going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back