Uhi

CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
Graphics
Asus Strix GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi
I have successfully installed os x el capitan 10.11.5 and Windows 10 on the same SSD.I can run os x, but if I want to run Windows 10 it says disk read error ctrl+alt+delete to restart. My motherboard don't support UEFI. I have everything installed in legacy. Os x and Windows too.
I forgot to mention that first I formatted the SSD as GUID Partition map , then I created 2 partitions. I formatted the first half as ms-dos fat for windows and the second half as os x extended journaled. Also I installed os x first after it I installed windows.
My PC specs : Motherboard : Gigabyte P61-USB3-B3
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
Graphics : Asus Strix GTX 970
Memory : 8GB ddr 3
Please help me.

Hi
I have successfully installed os x el capitan 10.11.5 and Windows 10 on the same SSD.I can run os x, but if I want to run Windows 10 it says disk read error ctrl+alt+delete to restart. My motherboard don't support UEFI. I have everything installed in legacy. Os x and Windows too.
I forgot to mention that first I formatted the SSD as GUID Partition map , then I created 2 partitions. I formatted the first half as ms-dos fat for windows and the second half as os x extended journaled. Also I installed os x first after it I installed windows.
My PC specs : Motherboard : Gigabyte P61-USB3-B3
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
Graphics : Asus Strix GTX 970
Memory : 8GB ddr 3
Please help me.
Re-Install Windows. Or boot the install media and select to repair Windows.

Hi I tried to reinstall it now on different hdd. And its still not working. If I select windows from clover just a blinking _ will appear and nothing happens.

Hi I tried to reinstall it now on different hdd. And its still not working. If I select windows from clover just a blinking _ will appear and nothing happens.
This happens most often if Clover is booting UEFI and Windows is installed Legacy mode.
Verify Windows installed UEFI mode.
How did you format the Windows drive?

Hi. I finally got it working. I reinstalled the windows 10 with a different bootable usb borrowed from my friend. I had to disconnect the os x drive to install it. After the installation I reconnected the os x and the clover boot loader started. I choose the windows from then and guess what the same error. Then I rebooted my pc and I wanted to start os x but I miss clicked and I clicked on EXIT CLOVER and WINDOWS STARTED TO BOOT. It's FINALLY WORKING :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
If I want to use os x I choose it from clover and if I want to use windows I just simply exit clover and windows boots up.
Anyway thank you for your advice.

Before you had two partitions on the same SSD - one for OSX and one for Windows10. Now you're saying that you went to two drives, one for OSX and one for Windows. Otherwise, how could you have disconnected the OSX drive to be able to load Windows?

Before you had two partitions on the same SSD - one for OSX and one for Windows10. Now you're saying that you went to two drives, one for OSX and one for Windows. Otherwise, how could you have disconnected the OSX drive to be able to load Windows?

Hi I had os X and Win 10 on the same SSD but it didn't work. Then I used 2 a different HDDs (one of the is actually an SSD. I still have os X on it). I have the both drives connected.I had the os x drive disconnected while I was Installing win 10, but after the installation I reconnected it. And I don't know why is it working like this it's kind of magic , I have no explanation for that it's just working :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back