1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Windows 10 & El Capitan Skylake build in the works

Hi Everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster, and I'm jumping in the deep end. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it, I'll find it later.

I'll be spending the weekend doing a massive build from scratch, whole new system with all new hardware, and as the title says, windows 10 and el capitan. Hoping to get to know some of you throughout the next 48 hours.

Cheers

Chase

Thanks AmMulder...

I'm actually using your guide, as my board is nearly the same as your H170N-WIFI, so I figured it would be an easy stepping stone to follow. I'm using the GA-H170-D3h DDR3. So far, I managed to get OS X installed. I'm having a problem with the Post Installation.

Step 10.
Run the EFI Mounter v3 app you copied from the USB drive. Select the EFI partition of your USB install drive and hit OK (it is often /dev/disk1s1 but you can use diskutil list in Terminal to confirm). Then hit Mount. Now you should have two EFI drives showing in Finder, one with a hard drive icon and the other with an external drive icon and an eject icon.

I only ever get the one EFI external drive mount with eject icon. The hard drive EFI mount never appears at any point, so I have no where to copy all the files to.

Any advice? It was pretty smooth sailing up until now.

Chase

Well I crashed and burned lol made it much further then I thought I would at my first attempt. I tried rebooting the system, hoping that it would resolve my efi system mount issue. It did not, instead, it just caused everything to boot to white no smoking symbol (without the cigarette lol), which was my universal sign for "go to bed and try again tomorrow"

If I'm lucky, I'll have some advice waiting for me by the time I wake up. Here's all my details;

GA-H170-D3H DDR3
i5 6600 Skylake
32GB DDR3 1333 RAM
500GB Crucial m.2 drive (partitioned into 2 x 250 GB)
Nvidia GTX 960 G1 4GB

Been following AmMulder's build located here, as the Mobo was near the same as mine
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/178197-guide-el-capitan-skylake-h170n-wifi.html

AmMulder,

Just noticed you logged on, and responded to my post in your install guide. I am working my way back to that point with a fresh install again. hopefully I make it to that point, and will get to attempt the advice you gave. Will stay close and in touch.

Well, a few months ago, I started this quest, and epically failed on so many attempts, that it broke my heart and I gave up.

Today, my heart is healed, and I resurrected once again to battle this epic quest of awesomeness. I see the buyers guide has finally updated to include skylake components, and this has me very excited.

Lets begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back