Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H-F14
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi everybody,

after installing MacOSX perfectly on my P55M-UD2 and using MultiBeast for injecting the boot loader, the Win7 partition is not startable.

As soon as I choose my Win7 partition during startup, I get the error message "bootmgr missing".

How can I repair that Win7 partition without deleting the fine Mac installation ?

Greetings
Jan

do you have one, or 2 drives?
Are you using 32, or 64 bit editions of Windows 7?
When you select the Windows 7 drive, are you selecting the "System Reserved" drive?
If not, try that one, as that has the boot info.

If you get windows running, you can rename the partitions with Disk Manager so you know which one to select in chameleon.

If your using 1 drive for both Operating systems, then you will need to use EasyBCD.
Windows needs to be the primary boot partition, EasyBCD will add a boot entry to the Windows startup menu.

Hope this helps

Hi,

I had Win7-64bit already running already as dual boot, but after unmounting and remounting the windows partition in Mac OSX, it is not startable any more.

Greetings
Jan

Will it boot without the Mac drive installed?
Can you boot to the Wind 7 DVD and perform a repair?

JaneDoe78 said:
Hi everybody,

after installing MacOSX perfectly on my P55M-UD2 and using MultiBeast for injecting the boot loader, the Win7 partition is not startable.

As soon as I choose my Win7 partition during startup, I get the error message "bootmgr missing".

How can I repair that Win7 partition without deleting the fine Mac installation ?

Greetings
Jan
Boot up with your Win7 install disk and at the selection screen select repair and point it at your Win7 partition.

just repaired my Win 7 partition and rebooted Windows.
now I am trying to restore the chameleon bootloader with multibeast.

thanks so far
Jan

ok, here is the solution:

I have two hard drives. On drive 1 is Win7 on drive 2 is MacOSX.
In order to boot from Windows, I had to move the hard drive at first place in the bios setup.

Though it is possible to see and choose Win7 partition from Mac Chameleon boot loader, it seems that the Win7 partition must be the active boot partition in bios.

Greetings
Jan

You can load Windows 7 without any problem thru Chameleon...
I had this problem too....

When you are at the Chameleon bootloader screen...
You see your "Mac drive", "Windows drive" and "System reserved ...."
You can boot Windows by choosing "System reserved" ....
Than it will boot up Windows ;)

Hi,

I also have this same problem. 2 hard disks - 1 with win7 and OSX each. Installed Lion after windows7. Lion working fine.

I tried the system reserve and my windows crashed (reboot by itself). Tried the original system repair CD but they say it isn't compatible with this version of windows :evil:

Has it got something to do with me plugging the SATA cables in a different order? I plug my windows7 HD before the Lion. And bios startup Lion first.

BerndVP said:
You can load Windows 7 without any problem thru Chameleon...
I had this problem too....

When you are at the Chameleon bootloader screen...
You see your "Mac drive", "Windows drive" and "System reserved ...."
You can boot Windows by choosing "System reserved" ....
Than it will boot up Windows ;)

I don't see "system reserved" at the bootloader screen. I can only boot Win7 if I choose System Reserved from BIOS. Lion boots fine.

What do I do to get System Reserved to show up at the bootloader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back